What's new

1" float valve

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
What 1" float valve has performed best for you over the years?

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I used to have really good luck with 1" Rain Bird zone valves $15-20 , ran on 24v, the float needed to be a switch. every couple of years we put in a $5 diaphram. The only slightly bad thing was with alot of main pressure they came on quick, also quick on shut off, you need a cover or it splashed a little.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been using the Watermaster 1" valves for some time. The one in the cold water tank on our Vector is original, six years old and never been touched. The hot water ones need a new diaphragm maybe once a year, and now that the valve body has a stainless steel seat they can be rebuilt indefinitely. I keep a rebuilt spare and a spare valve head, spring and float and an extra diaphragm.

MikeV

Reaction score
I've used the Watermaster and Jobe valves, had good results with both. The Jobe's are all plastic and easier to change when they eventually go bad., but they seem to work well for a long time.

Red Baron

Reaction score
My Watermaster works fine on city pressure side, but not at all on gravity pressure on my reject tank. For that I use a Robert Bob 1" float valve - kind of pricey but built like a tank and works well under low pressure with much better flow than my Watermaster.