What's new

$1 Coin Acceptance On JC Super Vacs

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I have Jim Coleman Super vacs with a Swipe N Clean (that doesn't work) I want to upgrade my coin acceptors to accept $1 coins that my auto cashier gives out in change. I am pretty sure they have Sensatron acceptors right now. In the Kleen Rite catalogue it says that the Sensatron can take any denomination. Two questions 1. Can they be programed to take both quarters and dollars. 2. The slot in my door is not large enough to take $1 coins, I am assuming that if I can program the Sensatron to accept both all I need to do is make the coin slot larger in my door and I should be good to go! This is another one of those things I didn't think about (and obviously JCC didn't think about) when I built my wash. If you give $1 coin for change your customer should be able to spend it somewhere else at your wash. I actually had one guy storm off and say that he would never use my wash again because of it. While this guy was an jerk his argument was valid.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use all IDX MA-8 acceptors, have had one out of 36 fail in the last seven years. Multitrons are finicky and difficult to get repaired.

diycarwash

Reaction score
Can't you change the Auto Cashier back to dispensing Quarters for change? It will be pretty expensive to change all your coin acceptors.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Can't you change the Auto Cashier back to dispensing Quarters for change? It will be pretty expensive to change all your coin acceptors.
I think it would be more expensive to **** off the customers that are use to getting the dollar coins as change. I am dumbfounded that most washes give quarters as change at the auto. I wonder what those operators would think if Mcdonalds gave them $12 worth of quarters at their drive-thru?

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
With these guys advice I have been converting my vacs to the IDX multi coin, and -I am so grateful for their advice on the mercury relays--Beyond awesome.
The vac now take the old token the new token and quarters and could take the dollar coin also. Jim at etowah has a super summer price on them. Really good money spent when you dispense a different coin.