What's new

Can't open Medeco lock

JustClean

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Can anyone point me in the right direction how to open the Medeco lock on my coin box? After seven years this lock won't budge. I still can get the key in but can't turn it anymore. WD-40 and tapping with a screwdriver / hammer didn't help. Anything else I could try? Also, would be great if someone could pm me how to drill it out if everything else fails. Thanks in advance.

Randy

Reaction score
I just sent you an E-mail

JustClean

Reaction score
Thanks Randy, I just got it out :D:D:D
Hi all,
Just thought I let you know what I've used after I couldn't get my lock out. I was almost ready to drill it out when I tried it one more time and...voila...out it came :) Thank God!
In the past to keep the lock lubricated I had tried quite a lot: WD-40, graphite, normal grease, vaseline, silicon and so on.
Then I put Loctite's Anti-seize grease on and in the lock (which is really expensive and which I am using now on all my machines) and I couldn't be happier. Water, dirt, nothing is affecting the lock anymore and last time I greased it was when I opened this thread. Just thought this info might help someone out there and maybe prevents a drill-out of the lock in the future. Cheers.

MEP001

Reaction score
It helps a lot on auto cashiers to insert the plug so the locking protrusion isn't in the bottom where it will sit in water.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I have been using dielectric grease on my plug locks and a lot of other wet area lubricants. The water doesnt seem to break it down at all. Its slippery as all he**.

PostRock

Reaction score
I have a lock that someone tried to drill out. Now I will have to finish the job. Can someone give me some help.

Thanks

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have two on a tire dressing machine that apparently the previous owners didn't leave keys to. Can anyone PM some tips on drilling it out? Is it safe to assume the locking protrusion is the part we're aiming to remove with minimal or no damage to the outer sleeve it slides into?

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
I closed on another wash today and have keys to but can't get open about 10 locks. Could someone please pm me the tips on drilling these locks out? Also, if there is some way to make them work that would be great to. Thanks

washme1

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just thought I let you know what I've used after I couldn't get my lock out. I was almost ready to drill it out when I tried it one more time and...voila...out it came :) Thank God!
In the past to keep the lock lubricated I had tried quite a lot: WD-40, graphite, normal grease, vaseline, silicon and so on.
Then I put Loctite's Anti-seize grease on and in the lock (which is really expensive and which I am using now on all my machines) and I couldn't be happier. Water, dirt, nothing is affecting the lock anymore and last time I greased it was when I opened this thread. Just thought this info might help someone out there and maybe prevents a drill-out of the lock in the future. Cheers.
I had a similar problem with a Medeco recently. Someone had put a little piece of a twig or bark in the key way and I inserted the key before I realized it. Medeco said call a locksmith. He had a tiny little "pick" I would describe as an EasyOut about 1/64".
Between that and a lot of the Medeco lubricant I had on hand, he got it open in about 40 minutes.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with a Medeco recently. Someone had put a little piece of a twig or bark in the key way and I inserted the key before I realized it. Medeco said call a locksmith. He had a tiny little "pick" I would describe as an EasyOut about 1/64".
Between that and a lot of the Medeco lubricant I had on hand, he got it open in about 40 minutes.
Have hd that happen before. Usualy it's something that will burn or melt so MAPP Gas Torch solves the issue.