What's new

Your favorite Friction IBA?

JohnDyson

Reaction score
Hi everybody. Want to ask what is everyone's "favorite" friction IBA? I'm looking to invest in a good value, good quality IBA - speed is not so much important as quality. There seems to be so many options out there and I'm leaning towards the Maxx 5.

Thinking about investing in 3 friction IBA's side-by-side with 1 or 2 Self Serves.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
If you're a new investor, local support is crucial.

Visit sites and watch truly dirty cars go through, particularly the back of the car. I wasn't particularly impressed by the ryko's performance back there, but other operators here own them and are happy.

Reaction score
I have to say my favorite friction IBA is the Washworld Profile, doesn't matter if it's ST or MAX. Always superior cleaning results that keep customers coming back. The 2 Profiles I've been to are amazing, and with extra add-on features, the Profile cleans even better.

MEP001

Reaction score
If I were to buy one strictly on personal word-of-mouth, it would be a Belanger Freestyler.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
What about the Istobal Flex 5? I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
What about the Istobal Flex 5? I've heard a lot of good things about them.

I've had one for about nine Months. Overall a decent machine. It is a very thorough washer, at the expense of throughput. It is also a safe washer. Nice modern clean look. Good factory support. Resets itself usually if it faults out, which is pretty rare. Can do basic diagnostics and configure programs on the phone. Only PM required is just wipe the photoeyes off once a week or so.

soonermajic

Reaction score
This thread will be like asking 3 blind men to describe an elephant.
I installed a new Ryko Maxx5, 15 mos ago. If it cleaned the back better, I'd say it's the best on the market for price & reliability + cleaning, looks , LEDs etc.... but it only does about a solid "B" on the back end.
Their specials they run are tremendous though!

Reaction score
There’s so many and I like pretty much all of them. If I had to chose one, I’d say the Belanger Freestyler is the best. I’ve been through a bunch and every single one has never disappointed me. They do a great job!

Last edited:
Etowah

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I've had one for about nine Months. Overall a decent machine. It is a very thorough washer, at the expense of throughput. It is also a safe washer. Nice modern clean look. Good factory support. Resets itself usually if it faults out, which is pretty rare. Can do basic diagnostics and configure programs on the phone. Only PM required is just wipe the photoeyes off once a week or so.
How long does the base & top wash take?

twinchester

Reaction score
I installed a new Ryko Maxx5, 15 mos ago. If it cleaned the back better, I'd say it's the best on the market for price & reliability + cleaning, looks , LEDs etc.... but it only does about a solid "B" on the back end.
Adjustments are needed for your rear brushes and the operational jogging. It should do a real good job on the rear. Contact me if you need help.

BenW@JCCW

Reaction score
Had mine about a year now. Customers really like the high pressure features. I had to slow my foam bath pass down to the lowest speed to minimize issues with low profile tires. I believe the timers are still using the original photo eyes versus the virtual positioning eyes for rear of vehicle. Short cars with low profile tires will occasionally have issues when the machine doesn't capture the rear tires because they are low profile with spoke wheels. Machine will run clear to the end of the track, front brushes will come in before they reach the rear bumper which will result in an emergency rinse. Doesn't happen often but really sucks because it is often an expensive car like an Audi, BMW or Telsa.[/QUOTE]