What's new

You can now remotely start a bay, vac or auto wash using Cryptopay

OurTown

Reaction score
In case you missed it Cryptopay has a new remote activation service available for $60/year. I guess we were a guinea pig because we have had it for a year or so. It works exactly like if you were there in person swiping a card but you can't stop the count up or add time to count down. (basically you can't have access to the button) With our Goldline the customer must select the wash first and then we can activate it. It has been a little glitchy at times (can't communicate with swiper for a few seconds) but has always worked. We have used it many times for various reasons.

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
Dang them, i just called them yesterday asking about this and they said for the foreseeable future they were not going live with it and only a select few had been in the beta testing. Guess im getting mine set up soon now.

OurTown

Reaction score
Dang them, i just called them yesterday asking about this and they said for the foreseeable future they were not going live with it and only a select few had been in the beta testing. Guess im getting mine set up soon now.

That is kind of strange since the announcement is dated January 23rd.

slash007

Reaction score
Very convenient, but having to rely on the customer to stop the bay isn't ideal. I turn mine on using Coinless and am able to stop it using my phone.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
Very convenient, but having to rely on the customer to stop the bay isn't ideal. I turn mine on using Coinless and am able to stop it using my phone.
I agree. I could see that being a pain in the you-know-where.

Damoni88

Reaction score
I think it would be worth it if we could stop it. Relying on the already idiotic customers to do something is just not worth it.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm assuming it stops at the pre-determined single purchase limit? If so, I'd gladly turn on and let a customer use it if they had a problem as long as it times out.

I can start my istobals remotely with VNC but no luck with the wizards.

Our town, how clumsy is the process? I would most frequently be doing it from my phone.

slash007

Reaction score
It times out at the max time you set for everyone else. Mine is set to end at $15, so that's where it would stop. Issue is that most customers don't need that much time, then when they leave, it stays on for the next customer. I don't mind letting the customer with the issue wash for the full time if needed. With Coinless, I just login and click stop if they leave before the time runs out.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Wit
It times out at the max time you set for everyone else. Mine is set to end at $15, so that's where it would stop. Issue is that most customers don't need that much time, then when they leave, it stays on for the next customer. I don't mind letting the customer with the issue wash for the full time if needed. With Coinless, I just login and click stop if they leave before the time runs out.
With coinless can you remotely stop a bay if someone is about to spray paint or oil out the back of the truck?

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm assuming it stops at the pre-determined single purchase limit? If so, I'd gladly turn on and let a customer use it if they had a problem as long as it times out.

I can start my istobals remotely with VNC but no luck with the wizards.

Our town, how clumsy is the process? I would most frequently be doing it from my phone.

Activating remotely is the exact same as swiping a card in person. If you have a $15 max per swipe with count up on SS bays it will stop at the same amount but your customer can also stop it early. If you have a $2 start with count down on vacs it will pulse the same and let the customer push the button to add time up to your max per swipe. The only thing that is odd is our Goldline needs to have the wash selected first and then I can activate it. It is a very easy process and most times I do it from my phone. Just go to "View Site Status", scroll down to "Cryptopay Device Status" and select which device you want to start. You will have to accept the disclaimer that it will immediately start the device and then click on "Start Device Now". This enables us to have much better customer service for an unattended location.

OurTown

Reaction score
Maybe some day Cryptopay will allow access to the button remotely also. Although they are slow about rolling out these changes I still think overall they are the winner. I want to like Nayax but am still leery of a few details about it.