What's new

Yikes! Lady carjacked at metro Denver IBA!

OurTown

Reaction score
Holy crap! That video was disturbing. Why would you have your door locks programmed to unlock when you put it in park?

MEP001

Reaction score
Holy crap! That video was disturbing. Why would you have your door locks programmed to unlock when you put it in park?
Most vehicles that auto-lock the doors will auto-unlock them too at some point. I'd never thought about that being a problem until now.

traveler17

Reaction score
Holy cow that is so disturbing. Only thing would’ve made that video great would be some led slung at his head when he opened the door

Randy

Reaction score
Pretty scarily. I feel sorry for that poor woman, how terrible. Car washes are a magnet for the undesirables of society and are not as safe as you would think they are. We've had problems with people trying to gain entry into the equipment room while we were there cleaning up, we are at the car wash at 5:15am on the days we go. I've been in fist fights a couple of times with people who think that the car wash is a place they can do whatever they want.

OurTown

Reaction score
Most vehicles that auto-lock the doors will auto-unlock them too at some point. I'd never thought about that being a problem until now.
Our vehicles auto lock upon driving down the road but do not ever auto unlock. I believe most can be reprogrammed to stay locked.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Holy cow that is so disturbing. Only thing would’ve made that video great would be some led slung at his head when he opened the door
That's how the car jacking of one of our vacuum customers ended last week! Luckily, it was the gas station in front of us (where he crashed the other stolen car before car jacking our vac customers car) that got all the press! He was armed and police took him out once he was inside the car with gun in hand. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gr...greeley-police-officer-involved-shooting/amp/