What's new

WW 2.0 triple shine coating comes out stronger on one side than the other.

Reaction score
Our Wonder Wizard 2.0 seems to really pump it out from the right side and not nearly as much on the left side. Anyone seen or dealt with this before? Seems to cover 75% of car from right side and 25% coverage on left where equal from both sides would be more ideal.

carwashireland

Reaction score
Sound like you have either a blockage or a kink in the pipe! Do you have just a long side pipe for the tri foam ir hockey puck nozzles?

Reaction score
Sound like you have either a blockage or a kink in the pipe! Do you have just a long side pipe for the tri foam ir hockey puck nozzles?
We have both... long pipe on the sides and also the hocky puck thing up at top...we did notice some trash (almost like plastic from some threads...) in the holes on the side bars... opened the hockey puck party and cleaned. But not much of a difference.. is there any way to flush the entire line???

Last edited:

carwashireland

Reaction score
Thats the best set up imo. If you hop on top of the machine you will see some plastic tubes about 10" long. Trace back the tri foam hoses to figure out which tube is for the tri foam and disconnect the tube. This is the foamer which has either a plastic or steel mesh inside. Give it a good rinse out as it may be blocked. Also sometimes the plastic mesh can disintegrate and block up the fittings on the outlet side. If this has happened just clear the blockage!

Reaction score
Thanks tried to track the hoses back from the hocky puck and it looks complicated... what does this foamer look like?

carwashireland

Reaction score
On top of the machine on the left hand side you will see a few grey hard pvc pipes. with hoses either side. These are the foamers. The tri foam one is probably the second one up from the entrance side!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've had to recently clean out the mesh on one unit which had broken down. It clogged at the Tee on top of the foam generator, at the top of the hockey pucks and at the top of the foam sticks. You can replace the mesh in the generator with a stainless steel brillo pad. I never replace the top bracket that holds the foam generators in place. It just gets in the way when it is time to clean them out again.

Coleman has a new foam generator that is easy to remove and clean out. It loos like almost a Mr Foamer generator. Its a nice upgrade on a new unit but you it really shouldn't be something you have to do that often so I doubt I will replace my existing ones.

Reaction score
Thanks guys I removed the foamer(see the pic) and also the TEE (see the pic)right before the hockey puck and stick and rinse them both... and they are all clean..dont know where the mesh thing is but there these guys are not clogged. One thing, when you look at the foamer, one side is chemcial and air coming, and another side there is a TEE so goes to right and left side. For right side of the machine it goes straight, while the left side need to do a 180 degree turn... isn't why right side is much more stronger that the left side?

View attachment 1114 View attachment 1115

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Since the mesh is breaking down I would remove it from the foam generator and replace it. Also check all the fittings downstream for a mesh clog. Ultimately you may have that mess clogging the line too. When I worked on mine I cleaned out all the loose mesh and reoplaced the lines and it worked fine after that. Also make sure your tri color pump is not starving for product by checking inlet screens on all the chemical tanks.

As a patch I have actually used a clamp around the line to reduce flow and force more out the other side.

MEP001

Reaction score
That foamer looks a lot like the ones they use above the booms in self-serve. I often track foam brush or foam gun not flowing issues to the chunk of nylon coming out of the foamer and getting caught in the elbow at the end of the boom. I would replace the foamers altogether with something else.

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the foamer is not clogged as i ran some water trought it and it was all good. Still not sure how you can access the mesh inside the foamer. The fittings at both ends are so tight that i was afraid i might break something so I couldn’t open the fittings to have access to the inside of foamer. But if something is wrong with the foamer then both sides must be low pressure not only one side. I think im going to try the clamp Greg is suggesting and see what happens.

carwashireland

Reaction score
You just need to grip the tube with something like pipe pliers then take off an end. Then use long nosed pliers to pull out the wire inside. Then wash it out and it is best to blow out with an air line. I would say a choke point for any debris would be the tee joint above the hockey puck that is weak. Split that one and take a look!

Reaction score
You just need to grip the tube with something like pipe pliers then take off an end. Then use long nosed pliers to pull out the wire inside. Then wash it out and it is best to blow out with an air line. I would say a choke point for any debris would be the tee joint above the hockey puck that is weak. Split that one and take a look!
Thanks, I did run water through the foamer and cleaned it. I noticed water comes straight out from the side going to passenger side, unless you block it with your finger and then goes through the driver side, because the driver side has a 180 degree turn. Regarding the TEE before the hockey pock, I believe that's the same TEE I have put a picture from, above. That's also clean... Is it possible that the mesh thing inside the foamer is bad and things are not as foamy and because of that more chemical goes to the passenger side that driver side???? IS this thing that much sensitive??? I feel like I'm over thinking this and just a clamp should do this... I'm going to try a clamp like this pic.
View attachment 1117

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
lol, you are over thinking it. Dissemble the foamer by unscrewing the ends, remove the broken down plastic mesh, replace with stainless steel mesh scrubby and test. Look for trapped mesh in the brass hardware. Should take about thirty minutes.

I used a worm gear hose clamp

Reaction score
lol, you are over thinking it. Dissemble the foamer by unscrewing the ends, remove the broken down plastic mesh, replace with stainless steel mesh scrubby and test. Look for trapped mesh in the brass hardware. Should take about thirty minutes.

I used a worm gear hose clamp
Thanks Greg, would this mesh in the picture work? Also In case I break this pvc pipe, where do you buy it from? IS it just a regular pcv pipe you can buy from HomeDepot?

View attachment 1118

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
It's schedule 80 PVC which is tapped inside. You might have better luck using white PVC and glue-on threaded fittings to replace it, but you won't break it just loosening the fittings.

Reaction score
UPDATE:
Ok the problem is solved. the issue is the fact that the driver side has a 180 degree turn. So added a valve (as per pic) to adjust the flow. So now you can adjust how much you want to come from which side. I did remove the old mesh thing from the foamer and replaced with the steel mesh thing posted before; It made it way too foamy and already started to push itself to the lines (I guess I should find harder stuff). So removed it and put back the little bit of mesh still left from the old one.

View attachment 1140

Rainway

Reaction score
Hey all, been having a heck of a time with our foam generators. The picture attachments on this thread are no longer available. We have two WW2's, about 10 yrs old. So they have I'm sure the old style foam generators made from schedule 80 PVC that are a bit of a pain to service for how often we seem to have to service. Can someone share what the new style Coleman Hanna looks like that are easier to get to (are they clear to see into)?

Has anyone used a different style vs. Coleman Hanna or have suggestions / recommendations?

Also what style of stainless steel wool do people find works best for the tri foam generators?