What's new

WW 2.0 shows please wait

chieflucas15

Reaction score
I need some direction with my WW 2.0. A car pays and gets washed. It drives off, the next person it will let pay and keeps saying please and that it’s in use. However the other car is not there anymore. Do I start at the treadle or something else? Thanks!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
check treadle eye first, If it's OK check the measurement eye and can eye which I think can also cause this symptom. Go to your permanent alarm record and see if one of the eyes is not testing off properly

chieflucas15

Reaction score
This is my first time having an IBA. Is the treadle just the switch that front left tire switches or is there another sensor that goes with it?

chevyguy09

Reaction score
Usually the Treadle is just a switch that tells the customer when to stop. Typically there is no other sensor involved, but that would depend on the equipment. I am not familiar with the WW 2.0, however I am familiar with treadle systems. First thought as to why the pay station is saying the wash is busy or please wait could be because the machine is thinking there is still a vehicle in the bay even though there is not one. If you do have a treadle that would be pretty common to see.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
All mine have a treadle "eye"- a photo eye in a stainless steel box that looks across the bay floor. The receiver is usually on the side closest to the equipment room. If you have eyes try cleaning both of them with a wet towel. If you have a treadle switch assembly you may have a bad proximity switch.

srr5008

Reaction score
As others have said, there should be an eye that you can check. We've also had wires go bad, and had to replace from the eye back to our junction box.

Randy

Reaction score
What kind of ACW are you using?

Rainway

Reaction score
For WW2 my problem has been with the treadle (yes where front driver tire stops) prox or the treadle physically stuck after some challenges drivers run over it too many times wrong.
Also the can eye on the exit side of the driver wide getting filled with crap like pine needles and water.

We drilled another hole in the can eye because it would get clogged and filled with water - causing the eye to incorrectly think a car was still obstructing it. Prior to doing that the problem would go away temporarily once enough water slowly drained out - but pop up again soon when the can cover filled with water again.