What's new

WSII Dual CC Reader

Andyjmyr

Attendant
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with the new Unitec Panisonic dual side CC reader? We figured rain was getting into the WSII somehow so we build a "rain coat" for the CC reader. Now the CC readers are acting up again even with the waterproof protection we did.

We're using the latest update from unitec. I think its the 2.2 software? Not sure but I know for a fact its the latest.

Bob Koo

Reaction score
I am running into the same issue and have been through my third reader in 2 months. When we run diagnostics, the result is a missing second track. Unitec has taken the position they have a water issue and working on a retrofit.

The double sided reader is a needed option since customers always seem to put the card in backwards to the standard direction found on all gas pumps. Our site is 9 years old and has had the picture of the card direction since they first became available. Read errors have been a constant problem with our site. The site is a double HPA with 5 bays of SS.

Hope Unitec gets the problem staightened out. Our plans were to upgrade the second bay, but when the reader track goes out, the ability to accept CC's at the teller is dead.
The jury is definitely still out on this upgrade. Especially due to the level of frustration encountered by our valuable customers.

jenward

Reaction score
Our engineering staff is developing a cover to protect those card readers that are experiencing the leak, and are subsequently experiencing some corrosion. When the availability of the cover is known, we'll post a bulletin on our website at www.unitecelectronics.com. In the meantime, our Customer Service Department is available to assist you in diagnosing any issues you may be having.
Thank you,
Jennifer Ward
Unitec Electronics

jenward

Reaction score
Update - A card reader cover (part SA2249) has been added to protect the card reader electronics from any water that may enter the unit. The cover is secured by four nuts that already hold the card reader in place.

These parts are available at no charge for updating previously installed units under the Unitec Electronics equipment warranty. Warranty orders require the Sales Order number or Invoice number from the original WashSelect II or Panasonic retrofit kit sale.

Thank you,

Jennifer Ward

Reaction score
I didnt know they had offered these, how much are they? Everytime the AC says stripe to the right, the customers move their cars over to the right.

:confused:

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
We installed this card reader last fall. We have had zero problems and our "bad card reads" have gone down significantly.