What's new

Wireless Alarm transmitters

robblackburn

Reaction score
Has anyone tried wireless contacts on the bay vaults? With a wireless alarm system? Vacuums, change machines etc.?
I am very interested in the same but I do not think it will work. I talked to a few companies and they do not think the wireless door contact closures would work from inside a metal box. I have thought about trying anyway but interested if anyone else has had luck. I need to add alarm system to a few locations.

Rob

Reaction score
I am very interested in the same but I do not think it will work. I talked to a few companies and they do not think the wireless door contact closures would work from inside a metal box. I have thought about trying anyway but interested if anyone else has had luck. I need to add alarm system to a few locations.

Rob
They might not work, -but- I have a wireless alarm at home, a metal shop about 50' from the house with a gameroom. A wireless motion detechtor in the gameroom and it works fine. So I think I may give it a try. I can at least use if for the door and motion inside the equipment room, which I dont have now!