What's new

Windshield Repair

JeffM

The Canadian
Reaction score
Looking at getting into doing Windshield Repair ourselves. Have had 2 different outfits try with us getting a % of each chip in the past but it is really something that I am thinking we could do ourselves.

Does anyone have any recommendations for equipment? I have been looking at kits from Delta and also the GlasWeld G3. It really comes down to what will produce the best result and ease of use.

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
I can't comment on others, but Glass Mechanix worked well when I was with a car wash company that did WSR, easy to use, can train in one full day.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The repairs I have seen are nothing to write home about; still can see the chip or bulls eye and it just looks like a visibly repaired spot.

It's not a service I'd feel great about offering, personally.

I'd rather do things that make a bigger visual improvement like headlight restoration and water spot removal from auto glass.

MEP001

Reaction score
Waxman said:
The repairs I have seen are nothing to write home about; still can see the chip or bulls eye and it just looks like a visibly repaired spot.
The main reason to repair a chip or crack is is to keep it from spreading across the entire windshield.

The windshield repairs I've seen, particularly cracks, are nearly invisible. The "bullseye" cracks do tend to remain fairly visible.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The main reason to repair a chip or crack is is to keep it from spreading across the entire windshield.

The windshield repairs I've seen, particularly cracks, are nearly invisible. The "bullseye" cracks do tend to remain fairly visible.
That makes sense.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
This thread has gone away from its original intent but from my experience when a wash offers windshield repair it seems to do well in the beginning because they are able to work on existing customers needing repairs. After that the business declines rapidly because it then needs to rely on off the street customers.