What's new

Where to buy Led Lighting

carwash101

Reaction score
I looked at the link for the company advertising on this site CR Lighting. Has anyone done business with them. I need to upgrade my 4 bay self serve with 1 inlay automatic.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

pgrzes

Reaction score
There is a company out of Philadelphia: KB Lighting. They have unbeatable prices on vaportight fixtures with led bulbs. A 4' fixture complete with bulbs around $75 depending on # of fixtures purchased. They have any kind of lighting for all needs. Worth a call. 215-673-6400. I have no relationship with them except that they are where I purchase all my lighting. They are in my area which makes it convenient, but they ship everything.

Etowah

carwash101

Reaction score
What i have found out is that warranties and where LED's come from is a big deal. There is a company called Cree that is made in the US and gives a 10 year warranty on wall packs and area lights thats what the guy at CRlighting told me. I am going to do more research before i buy anything but i don't want something made in China.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I use the ASD LED Vapor Proof 5ft. Waterproof fixture in my self serv bays and tunnel.

Bought them thru Amazon.
ASD LED Garage Vapor Proof Fixture 5ft 60W 4000K UL Listed DLC Certified IP66 - Bright White
Price: $80.00 & FREE Shipping

I like that they have 4’, 5’ and now 8’ waterproof outdoor fixtures.
I bought the 5’ fixtures 2-3 yrs. ago.
I bought the 5’ fixtures because I hoped the extra foot would give me better lighting throughout the bay and they do. I use 2 fixtures per self serv bay.
Still look great and are very bright.

I also agree with Rudy. I too have bought those fixtures for perimeter lighting and they too are very good.

Sudz

Reaction score
I don't know about CR Lighting (Have they got a website? I cant find it), but I do know CREE lights are no joke. We've used them at the family convenience store for about 4-5 years now and they're a huge improvement over the LSI Metal Halide lights we used to have!

I think they have like a ten year warranty too. I didn't know they were able to be used in a wash environment, but if so, I'm probably going to look at Cree, as I've been happy with them in the past.

Any others I should consider that offer a warranty like Cree?

Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
I talked to someone yesterday who just had some of these installed to replace some metal halides. He was happy with them until he told me they paid an electrician $1500 to install four of them and I showed him they were only $70 online. The electrician didn't just overcharge, he took the lens off and just screwed them to the underside of the roof panels and tried to cram the end of the conduit and wire between the light and the panel, so the hookup is completely illegal. And the first time it rains they'll end up getting water in them.

OurTown

Reaction score
he took the lens off and just screwed them to the underside of the roof panels and tried to cram the end of the conduit and wire between the light and the panel, so the hookup is completely illegal
Was he licensed or was this one of those "electricians"? Actually I have seen a few that you wonder how they are licensed.

lilb93

Reaction score
We got 60w led for the wallpacks in the bays in March 2015 they were 80.00 shipped. it's 3 years now and they have not missed a beat.
got them from AMP services LLC in Granite falls NC. They have a lot of different lights. 828 217 4652. Dont know if they even still sell them.

MEP001

Reaction score
Was he licensed or was this one of those "electricians"? Actually I have seen a few that you wonder how they are licensed.
He's licensed, it's part of a community management company that requires a valid license on file before they'll contract work. I'd be surprised if he still has a license when this is over because they don't stand for this kind of thing.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I took Randy's advice & went with eLEDs. They were awesome to work with, gave free shipping, & I bough a BUNCH of discontinued LEDs for CHEAP!!

Roz

Reaction score
Before you purchase LEDS see if your utility company has a program to share the cost with you. I replaced 4x 500W flood lights on a sign as well as all the lights around my wash. BGE paid for more than 1/2 the cost, installed them, and my electricity bill is a fraction of the previous month's number. Most utility companies have a LED program as the government has not dismantled them yet.

Roz

Reaction score
Yes. Used one of the companies that BGE had on their recommended list as they handled the paperwork and provided me credit for the rebate immediately. I did compare the quote to another electrical installer not associated with BGE and it was very fair so I went with the BGE name. I could have done myself as the wiring is straightforward but did not want to learn how to use a cherry picker due to the heights involved, and installation added cost was small.

Look closely at the warmth scale (warm vs daylight vs bright), guaranteed length of life (usually 10,000 hours or more) , wattage equivalence (went from 500w used per bulb to 35w), and light spread (flood vs spot) as those are the variables involved. Check brand quality feedback online as some of the Chinese knockoffs are poorly made.

Randy

Reaction score
When I converted over to the LED lights my power company would give me the lights at no cost. But I had to use their electrical contractors to install the lights, they were outrageously overpriced. I bought the LED lights and installed them myself for 2/3 less than what the power said they could install them for.
Here’s an interesting article on the “LED Light Bulb Color Temperature Definition” https://eaglelight.com/led-university-lighting-tutorials/led-light-bulb-color-temperature/