What's new

Whats up with D & H????

MikeV

Reaction score
Here's the scenario; One of our distributors in Florida orders an automatic and 4 s.s. bays of equipment from Specialty Equipment (Futura). This is in March. He also orders the meter lids and a vending machine from D & H at the same time. Don't ask me why he ordered different meter lids. Anyway, all the equipment shows up in April...except the meter lids and vending machine. The distributor starts the installation but has heart problems and has to go in for triple bypass surgery. The customer patiently waits but then decides he wants his equipment installed and running. Specialty calls me and asks if I will go there and finish the install. Of course I will...its what I do. So I get there May 17th to finish up the install...very little of which is done. No problem. I ask the customer where the meter lids are and he says they have not come in yet. OK, so I call the original distributor about it and he says "they are on their way and should be there next week (week of the 25th). So I continue with the install, another week goes by...still no meter lids. I call again. He says they should be there the first part of next week ( week of June 1). Still no meter lids. I finish all I can, get the auto running and everything on the s.s.bays done...except for the meter lids and vending machine. Now here we are a week later and still no lids or vending machine. Imagine the customer's frustration...a car wash he is paying for and cannot use (except for the auto). D& H...I hope you are listening.

mac

Reaction score
Mike, there was a lively discussion about them here several months ago. Almost to a person, everyone said the same thing. Good luck in getting them. I ami in FL also and can have new meter boxes for you in a week if you like. D&H was bought out by a guy that let a prosperous Ryko dealership fade away into the sunset. He then put the samee people in charge of D&H. In a way it's sad, but as a competitor, I enjoy seeing companies implode.

MikeV

Reaction score
Mac, lets see if we can work something out on this. I'll get with my contact person in Clearwater to see if we can make this happen. Problem is that the meter boxes have already been paid for. Might be a problem getting back the money.

washnvac

Reaction score
You gotta be kidding! A $750k wash is being held up by a few hunderd dollars in meter panels. Who cares if they are paid for. Call Kleen-Rite, Dultmeier, Windtrax, or Mac....anybody can get those quickly.

ProCarWashes

Reaction score
It's the owners call. He should talk with the original installer. Should be able to by now. Hold him responsible. After the heart to heart talk (no pun intended), I would do want ever it takes to open in 7 days. If it goes south with the original installer then thats why we have courts. Don't jump over the original installer and talk to D&H. Get focused.

Red Baron

Reaction score
The owner is entitled and obligated to mitigate his losses, especially given that the profits made in opening a week earlier will pay for the lids. I'd suggest the owner find lids wherever he can, get open, then present a bill for them to D&H. I'd also let him know that your cost of the lids is, coincidentally, the exact amount reguired to keep you from dragging him thru Small Claims Court.

MikeV

Reaction score
It is the owner's call. I did let him know that other lids are available and what does he want to do? Haven't heard back as yet. Seems to me its a no-brainer....get some damn lids and get open.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Here is a prime example, that you think that all is well and you have thought of everything and crap happens. I'm not sure what should have been done, but I know the original distr. wouldn't have all of his money and I would have him in court.

There is a distr. in MI that is BK still taking people's money screwing up the orders, changing names and the operator that got screwed doesn't "want to make more trouble for him". The only way to get rid of these type of people is to put the facts here on the Forum. That way any one doing their due diligence could save themselves the grief and loss.

dbrewer

Reaction score
Ahh! Grant Sales (Todd & Malissa Garrett) strike again. I believe they purchased D&H about 1 year ago. Their new company is Grant,Dilling&Harris.They had the Karcher dist. for the Southwest U.S.A. They probably sold about 15 or 20 Karchers and did not keep replacement parts in stock. That's the way they operate. I don't know what automatic they are now selling so buyer beware.

Josh H

Reaction score
Hello,

I work for Grant-Dilling-Harris and I'm also the sales person that took the order. Just to let everyone know we didn't receive payment until 5/28/09 and 18 business days later we shipped the doors. It would have shipped before then but we were waiting on the coin mechs to come in. I had called the purchaser 2-3 times a month for the last 8 months trying to collect payment for the doors so we could ship them. A little over a month ago we had a batch that were complete and I called to see if the purchaser would like us to ship him 4 of the doors we had ready but the funds were not there. Apparently someone has been lied to and is ultimately making it look like Grant-Dilling-Harris is to blame. If there is ever a situation like this with our company you can call me direct to get the full details so you don?t assume things that are not true. Please ask anyone that has done business with me and they will tell you I will go the extra mile to get things done.

chadrpalmer

Reaction score
with all due respect, i disagree josh. when i used to have to deal with GDH on a semi regular basis, it ALWAYS took at least two calls to get what i needed.

Josh H

Reaction score
I can tell you that you were not dealing with me directly. On the other hand if that does happen please contact me directly so I can rectify the problem.

MikeV

Reaction score
I am assuming that Todd and Josh are correct about not getting the money until the 28th of May, however, the local distributor in Florida kept telling me that the doors would be there in a few days, next week, next week and on and on. Since the original distributor was out of reach and out of touch due to illness, it was difficult to know what or whom to believe. The doors finally did come in and have been installed. Thanks Todd and Josh for following up on that.

sprocket

Reaction score
I to looked at both machines before buying and i made up my mind and purchased the Wash World. When the install was complete they were making some adjustments and the installer said they would adjust the passenger side closer to the car. So I said what about the drivers side and it was explained to me that the drivers side does not adjust, I was suprised becaused this was not explained to me at the time of the purchase. It is sold as it measures the width and the length of the car but it was never explained to me that it doesn't measure the drivers side. I was upset to learn this after the install was complete. I was sure I had made a huge mistake. After seeing how this machine works and dealing with Wash World, I knew I had made the correct choice. I can call my distributor or Wash World with questions or about service and there is always some one available nites or weekends. As you know the only time you have any problems is nites, weekends, or holidays. I can't speak for PDQ because I have never had one but after the sale they still know who you are. The quality and workmanship is second to none and its nice to know that when it's broke that someone is there that will answer the phone and help with service or parts. I already have to deal with distributors and manufacturers that forget who you are unless they can sell you new equipment. I won't say there equipment is the best because I don't know , but when it comes to service I can say BAR NONE it's the best. When you have a piece of equipment that runs in harsh chemicals, wet conditions,and extreme temperatures it's nice to know that parts or help are only a phone call away and they will answer when you call. The distributor or factory support are the most important part of the car wash business.
Sprocket