What's new

What would cause chemical line to fall off injector.

APW

Reaction score
Twice now the line has come off the injector barb. Is something blowing it off?

slash007

Reaction score
Is it cracking at the end where it pushes onto the barb? I had the issue many times until I learned to slightly heat the end of the line before pushing it onto the injector. Haven't had one fall off since.

APW

Reaction score
I ran a new line two weeks ago when it first did it. Yesterday morning it came off and I put it back on, by the evening it came off again. Almost makes me think something is pushing it off.

BBE

Reaction score
Run a car through and take the hose off of the barb and place your finger on the tip or just watch it while the car is being washed. You may see water shooting back through it when the high pressure kicks on.

TimC

Reaction score
It sounds like the check valve in the injector is sticking. I would rebuild/replace the injector.

slash007

Reaction score
I've had injectors go bad and spit water before, but when that happens usually whatever chemical is feeding it starts filling up instead of going down.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes; that happens when an injector goes bad. years ago i put small hose clamps on mine.

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
As Waxman said, they do make small clamps that go onto the chemical lines to hold them in place. Over time you will also see the chemical lines swell or get hard and not want to stay on the injector. Placing the clamp on not only eliminates the issue of the hose coming off, but also eliminates the injector from potentially sucking air.