What's new

What part is this?

Overachiever

Reaction score
Anyone know what part this brass block is, not seeing it in the catalogs or website? I'm probably going to be adding a few new low pressure options to my SS bays soon, is this the best way to do it near the boom? I seem to remember reading there is a way to plumb it so you don't need a ton of check valves.

View attachment 915

DiamondWash

Reaction score
It's a 5-Station Brass Pneumatic Manifold, if you type in "5 port brass block" into google you will get a bunch of results and places to buy them kleen rite even has them.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can get those blocks in a lot of materials - IMO brass would be the best considering cost and durability.

My preferred method with just tire cleaner, presoak, spot-free and high-pressure to the boom:

Overachiever

Reaction score
Do you think the black anodized aluminum would hold up? I'm seeing brass for around $65 and the aluminum for $15. I couldn't find the block on Kleen-Rite... just the ones with the solenoids attached.

Thanks for the picture. I'm planning to redo the tubing on the roof before winter as everything up there has been failing lately.

MEP001

Reaction score
I would not recommend aluminum. It will corrode with water and mildly aggressive chemicals will eat it away. The anodizing will make it last longer, but considering you can string together some brass street tees like this for about $30 it's not worth messing with aluminum.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Ah thanks.. That will do the trick. Doing plumbing without knowledge of all the available lego pieces is hard.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
My preferred method with just tire cleaner, presoak, spot-free and high-pressure to the boom:

I assume one of the 3/8" poly lines is air. Why 3/8" and not 1/4" like the liquid lines?

MEP001

Reaction score
The cross on the left is tire cleaner, presoak and air. The presoak is the 3/8" line. The other 3/8" line is a 1200 PSI nylon tube for spot-free.

BBE

Reaction score
National pride makes a SS one, bit more expensive than making your own, but it does make for a nice looking install, easy to work on as well. Here is one we did at one of our self serves:

Last edited:

Overachiever

Reaction score
@BBE

I don't think we have permission to see your dropbox image ( but I'd really like to see it :) ). Thanks.