What's new

What kind of soap?

Nimble

Reaction score
We are in the process of starting up our first IBA. I don’t where to start on the soap/chemical department! What kind do you use? Through a distributor or not? What do I need to know to make the best choice?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
What was the brand of *Chemical* did your distributor offer that installed your Machine? A good local rep is who you need to deal with being green to this for sure.

Rainway

Reaction score
We are in the process of starting up our first IBA. I don’t where to start on the soap/chemical department! What kind do you use? Through a distributor or not? What do I need to know to make the best choice?
I get my high and low pH from local distributor who worked with Warsaw Chemical to formulate something just for them. But for triple foam and tire cleaner I go through JBS because the product is comparable but more affordable. JBS is great to deal with and a lot of the product is available from Kleen-Rite and almost all of it is available from Windtrax. Windtrax has a shipping deal get a pallet free shipping. Kleen-Rite has shipping deals too.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
This guy needs to tell us more info. Where he is located what state up north washing salt, out west, down south washing bugs & pollen?. What kind of IBA he has. Does he have any self serve bays. What kind of water quality does he have. Does he have hot water or cold. Soft or hard water? I can't stand it sometimes when people give a vauge question and just want to pick your mind and don't give you any info (Top Secret)
More info = more Help always.

fastlx

Reaction score
Since this is an open thread please give me your opinions on the soap I use for my Washworld HV wash. I presently use Kleen Trac 1 B High PH and Kleen Trac 2A low ph. Being in GA no road salt, just basic dirt after it rains and POLLEN. We have hot water and it is not hard or soft water we run the water temp at 110F.

Just wondering if someone has a similar wash ( conditions) and what they use?

Thanks,

Vic

Nimble

Reaction score
Ok...my apologies for not giving enough information! South Dakota. They do salt our roads here now and we have dirt and dust. And pollen. Lots of it. Bugs hit the windows like a hard rain in summer. We use soap and wax and foam brush soap from dultmeiers that is turtle wax brand. (The soap is turtle wax...I haven’t had to order the other products yet so I’m not sure if they are the same.) water is hard but we do use a softener for wax. Hot water wash. Cold rinse.
The IBA is coming from Petit. We are installing it ourselves. I did check in with them today and they said they would connect us with a distributor.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I stalling a new IBA is a LARGE undertaku g. Does that automatically void the warranty?
Turtle Wax is really good & REALLY expensive!
AP Formulators has a great powder PreSoak Wash Master, about $195 for 55 gal

mac

Reaction score
Great question. The vast majority of soap salespeople simply don’t know what they are doing. If the person doesn’t test your water and titrate the mixed solution do not use him. Period. Buying on price is stupid also. Make the salesman show you a wash he has set up and see how it cleans. Bring a white towel and wipe the car after the wash. There should be NO dirt on the towel. It took me decades to learn this

OurTown

Reaction score
Bring a white towel and wipe the car after the wash. There should be NO dirt on the towel.
Although I have seen some pretty good touchless machines I have yet to see one that I think would pass the white glove test. Maybe on some cars and some types of dirt at certain times of the year. If they could pass the test then there probably would be not as much talk about some of us looking into friction machines.

MEP001

Reaction score
Although I have seen some pretty good touchless machines I have yet to see one that I think would pass the white glove test. Maybe on some cars and some types of dirt at certain times of the year. If they could pass the test then there probably would be not as much talk about some of us looking into friction machines.
I've seen the white glove test passed, but the machine and building is usually rotting away because of the strong acid with which they're cleaning the cars.

steve569

Reaction score
Ok...my apologies for not giving enough information! South Dakota. They do salt our roads here now and we have dirt and dust. And pollen. Lots of it. Bugs hit the windows like a hard rain in summer. We use soap and wax and foam brush soap from dultmeiers that is turtle wax brand. (The soap is turtle wax...I haven’t had to order the other products yet so I’m not sure if they are the same.) water is hard but we do use a softener for wax. Hot water wash. Cold rinse.
The IBA is coming from Petit. We are installing it ourselves. I did check in with them today and they said they would connect us with a distributor.
I would follow Tom Petit's recommendation on a distributor. They know what they are talking about and will steer you right.

mac

Reaction score
Well you are all welcome to come and visit my wash. It passes the white glove test and does it with no harsh chemicals. They are safe on all surfaces.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Well you are all welcome to come and visit my wash. It passes the white glove test and does it with no harsh chemicals. They are safe on all surfaces.
What brand of chemicals are you feeding that thing

Etowah

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Currently it’s a proprietary blend. I’ll check with my supplier and see if he’s ready to go public. This stuff works.
Proprietary blend or private lable I am interested in this top secret soap

soonermajic

Reaction score
Currently it’s a proprietary blend. I’ll check with my supplier and see if he’s ready to go public. This stuff works.
Mac, don't you run Istobal friction? Id say nearly all frictions pass white glove.

OurTown

Reaction score
Mac, don't you run Istobal friction? Id say nearly all frictions pass white glove.

He has the hybrid and I assume he is talking about the touchless only wash on his machine.