What's new

What if u had 2 IBA'Ss,a friction & touchless, & sold washes @ the pumps?

soonermajic

Reaction score
If u were to install 2 IBA's side by side, a Touchless & Friction, on C-store lot...could that work? If so, is there a way to separate them @ the gas pumps?
I may have something brewing...

MGSMN

Reaction score
That is done often. Typically there is only four wash packages. The customer chooses which wash package they want (ex-Basic,Good,Better,Best) and a code gets printed on the receipt. At that point it's up to the customer to decide which wash they want to get in line for, Touch Free or Soft Touch. The code is good for either. The wash functions may differ slightly between the two bays but the $$ amount does not. Another spin off of this is a combo wash type machine like the Ryko 3 brush with the HP Touch Free option. At a location with a combination machine, the customer gets a code for whatever wash package they choose (ex-Basic,Good,Better,Best). Then when they enter the code (or cash) they are asked at the pay station which type of wash they want, Touch Free or Soft Touch. The Unitec pay stations can do up to 8 washes so you could have 4 Touch Free and 4 Soft Touch washes programmed in your IBA (if the IBA can support it). Once the customer selects which type of wash they want the pay station will activate the corresponding relay to arm the wash. If you desire a combination wash, that is typically programmed in the IBA as the best Soft Touch package with HP functions included. Another way you could do this with a combo machine is to simply offer the customer up to 8 different wash packages (assuming the C-Store pumps/registers can accommodate 8 packages). But 8 wash packages would only confuse customers, IMO.

washnshine

Reaction score
I had never thought of this but I like the idea of one code that will work for either machine. If the code only worked for one machine, I could see some people buying it and then getting in the wrong line. Waiting for a car or two in front of them and then not having their code work. That would be a mess. I agree that 8 options would be too overwhelming.

Have the same 4 tier pricing on both. I’d then go out of my way with signage in the lanes and on the building to clearly label which is which. Good luck with it - I hope it works out for you.

soonermajic

Reaction score
That is done often. Typically there is only four wash packages. The customer chooses which wash package they want (ex-Basic,Good,Better,Best) and a code gets printed on the receipt. At that point it's up to the customer to decide which wash they want to get in line for, Touch Free or Soft Touch. The code is good for either. The wash functions may differ slightly between the two bays but the $$ amount does not. Another spin off of this is a combo wash type machine like the Ryko 3 brush with the HP Touch Free option. At a location with a combination machine, the customer gets a code for whatever wash package they choose (ex-Basic,Good,Better,Best). Then when they enter the code (or cash) they are asked at the pay station which type of wash they want, Touch Free or Soft Touch. The Unitec pay stations can do up to 8 washes so you could have 4 Touch Free and 4 Soft Touch washes programmed in your IBA (if the IBA can support it). Once the customer selects which type of wash they want the pay station will activate the corresponding relay to arm the wash. If you desire a combination wash, that is typically programmed in the IBA as the best Soft Touch package with HP functions included. Another way you could do this with a combo machine is to simply offer the customer up to 8 different wash packages (assuming the C-Store pumps/registers can accommodate 8 packages). But 8 wash packages would only confuse customers, IMO.
I like this idea, on the first part. Is that done with Unitec WSII only?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Steve,
I like that. So you are exact same price points, & the code works for whichever the customer prefers?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Cool. What paystation do you have?
Also, how much do you pay the C-store... do you offer a .10 discount, & if not, what's your thoughts on that?

Etowah