What's new

What Bill Changer Manufacturer to Trust As I Replace My Rowe BC-2800

Etowah

Carl

Reaction score
I've been reading through years worth of posts about bill changers. My 13-year-old Rowe 2800 which has 2 Mars Conversion Kits is causing me headaches from both bill changers (customers getting no coins at all or only a partial dispensing of coins owed to them...problem happens mostly immediately after emptying out the bill box and refilling the coin hoppers), and I think my dispenser's parts are worn as are my hoppers. By the time I buy new replacements of these remaining original year 2003 parts I figure I might as well "invest" in a replacement bill changer at this time.

From what I'm reading, forum members say they like Hamilton and Standard bill changers a lot. American Changer bill changers seem to be the most competitively priced and are also "top 3". Which bill changer manufacturer do you recommend?

Lastly...maybe Rowe's much improved these days? Give them another chance? (I still might consider 4 new hoppers and 2 new dispensers if my distributor's pricing allows this to make sense since this'll make me not feel so pained having not so long ago invested in 2 Mars Conversion Kits for these two Rowe 1400s?)

Thanks,

Carl :)

Carl

Reaction score
UPDATE: I just spoke w/ Jim of Etowah Valley Equipment about my problem w/ my Rowe BC 1400 which has the Genesis Mars Conversion Kit and he believes my dispensers simply need better cleaning. I sort of cleaned these w/ the long Rowe brush and a Wet Towel but admittedly did not get down in there as thoroughly as I could have so heck...going to do this MUCH MORE THOROUGHLY because if this solves my problem, no unnecessary "investment" into another bill changer needed at this time! Thanks. - Carl