What's new

Weep system

Executive AutoWash

Reaction score
OK peeps. First time posting on this forum. I hope somebody can help me out. When we run our weep systems for water 24 hours a day due to not wanting it to freeze. Is there a way or some equipment that can turn your weekend off clear the lines so that we are not wasting so much water? So my water bill is $600 a month my sewer is $600 a month. I am assuming that since my weep system runs 24 seven it is wasting a lot of water. Thoughts?

jack954

Reaction score
yes. if I know it is going to be so cold that I’m not going to do any business then I will blow out all my lines and then run windshield washer through them. if I want to keep just a couple bays open then I will do that to the other five bays. first I tried just blowing out the lines, but the moisture left inside still froze up. that is why I started using the windshield washer fluid.

Randy

Reaction score
OK peeps. First time posting on this forum. I hope somebody can help me out. When we run our weep systems for water 24 hours a day due to not wanting it to freeze. Is there a way or some equipment that can turn your weekend off clear the lines so that we are not wasting so much water? So my water bill is $600 a month my sewer is $600 a month. I am assuming that since my weep system runs 24 seven it is wasting a lot of water. Thoughts?
What kind of weep system are you using? Are you using a Dixmor Weepmizer? We use a Dixmor weepmizer so the weep system cycles on and off and stays on longer as it gets colder. When it gets real cold for a extended amount of time we pull the guns and foam brush handles, blow out the water and pump -20 windshield washer fiuld into the system, turn off the power to the bays, put a orange cone in each bay and go home.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Weepmizer is commonly used in cold weather locations. It will save significant water and keeps folks from using the "free water".

Leave the default settings alone...it works just fine.
With the default 1 minute cycles:
AT 34° water will flow for 6 seconds
BY 25° water will flow for 30 seconds
TO 15° water will flow for 54 seconds
Temps colder than 15° water flows continuously

If you must close and blow down your system...Forum member 2Biz assembled a nice, simple built-in system. Search this forum for photos and descriptions. (Maybe he'll stop by and share his experience)

Roz

Reaction score
Besides the weepmiser we use KR antifreeze foam brush chemical all winter long. Rarely freezes.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Besides the weepmiser we use KR antifreeze foam brush chemical all winter long. Rarely freezes.
Same here. Weep keeps line from freezing. Winter formula needed when in use.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Weepmizer is commonly used in cold weather locations. It will save significant water and keeps folks from using the "free water".

Leave the default settings alone...it works just fine.
With the default 1 minute cycles:
AT 34° water will flow for 6 seconds
BY 25° water will flow for 30 seconds
TO 15° water will flow for 54 seconds
Temps colder than 15° water flows continuously

If you must close and blow down your system...Forum member 2Biz assembled a nice, simple built-in system. Search this forum for photos and descriptions. (Maybe he'll stop by and share his experience)

I have the Mark VII pump stand....The original weep system used seperate shut off solenoids on the weep for each bay when PS was selected....Since I moved PS to a foam gun, the shutoff solenoids were no longer needed....They were problematic to say the least...So I designed a more simple solution which modified the weep system with the ability to use the LP Blowdown pump and washer fluid system to semi-manually purge the HP hoses for bay shutdown...

Weep flows through the top of the manifold, down through the needle valves then down through the top ball valves. The bottom BV's are closed, so the weep is forced to the 1/4" poly tube to the HP hoses (between the BV's). When I want to purge a bay with WF, close the top BV and open the bottom BV....Purge with air first, then fill with WF....Repeat for all bays you want to shut down. Reverse procedure when opening bay back up....I've had this system in operation for going on 10 years...Never have to adjust the needle valves...Works great!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Each FB weep line has a Normally open solenoid on the line. When FB for tht bay is chosen that solenoid closes to stop weep when function is in use.