What's new

Weep mizer not weeping

Etowah

Knight01

Reaction score
It's getting cold in Ohio and my weep mizer isn't weeping. I have checked the fuse and I opened and cleaned the solenoid (circled) and it seemed to have water in it when I opened it, so I presume it is working correctly.

What else should I look for as a possible issue? It's getting down to the high 20s tonight, I have the heat in the mech room set at 50 hoping that heat keeps things warm in there and leaks out enough to keep the lines warm enough not to freeze.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
It's getting cold in Ohio and my weep mizer isn't weeping. I have checked the fuse and I opened and cleaned the solenoid (circled) and it seemed to have water in it when I opened it, so I presume it is working correctly.

What else should I look for as a possible issue? It's getting down to the high 20s tonight, I have the heat in the mech room set at 50 hoping that heat keeps things warm in there and leaks out enough to keep the lines warm enough not to freeze.
What kind of valve is that? How old is it? Have you check the voltage to the valve? You want to use a ASCO, G.C or DEMA diaphragm type valve. Do you hear the solenoid valve click on and off when it cycles? I have a ball valve just upstream of the weep solenoid valve so I can control the flow of water if the weepmizer goes out.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
If you unplug the weepmiser does your system weep? If not, its not the weepmiser. That valve should flow water without any power to it. If its not you've got an issue with either the valve, the regulator, a filter or the actual water feed. When checking if it flows water I would disconnect that poly tube on the discharge side. You could also have a blockage downstream in your manifold. Start with eliminating the weepmiser first.

G WASH

Reaction score
Likely it's your solenoid. If you cut the water off and the power to the solenoid during the warm months they tend to last a lot longer. With a normally open your energizing the poor thing 99% of the time so minerals and such tend to migrate there. always best to open it up and clean/flush the diaphragm etc. water dripping can cost a fortune.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
You might consider putting a simple light switch between the weepmizer and solenoid. Makes trouble shooting and testing a lot easier.