What's new

Water Wizard 2.0 Review

SVGroup

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am looking to purchase a 2nd hand Water Wizard 2.0 for about $35k which include shipping and installation. What would your opinion be on it? I am looking to purchase it and replace the crappy IBA kondor i currently have it there now.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've still got two. IMO, still one of the better cleaning touchless autos on the market. . Wizards are pretty reliable if installed correctly and will wash 200K cars plus and keep going. Ive got one I bought in 2006 and I just can't make myself change it out. Doesn't have all the latest and greatest options that newer units have but some can be added by anyone that is electrically inclined. As with all units local service options should be investigated. Customer support from Coleman isn't the best and if you're new to the wizard you will be down sometimes if local repair support isn't available.

SVGroup

Reaction score
I've still got two. IMO, still one of the better cleaning touchless autos on the market. . Wizards are pretty reliable if installed correctly and will wash 200K cars plus and keep going. Ive got one I bought in 2006 and I just can't make myself change it out. Doesn't have all the latest and greatest options that newer units have but some can be added by anyone that is electrically inclined. As with all units local service options should be investigated. Customer support from Coleman isn't the best and if you're new to the wizard you will be down sometimes if local repair support isn't available.
Thank you Greg for your honest opinion. I am fairly new to the car wash industry and just wanted some honest advice on the water wizard 2.0 before I ahead with the purchase. I'm pretty hands on and mechanically able to figure things out and work on them. Any other tips you can advise me on the water wizard 2.0?

OurTown

Reaction score
What is wrong with your Kondor?

SVGroup

Reaction score
What is wrong with your Kondor?
im not particularly sure. I am in the process of purchaisng the car wash and the IBA looks terrible. Hoses rotten, pay stationdoesn't look ideal. Only accept exact change. I-Beams inside the IBA walls rotting. I can send pictures if you wouldlike to see

MEP001

Reaction score
The Kondor is a good machine, IMO a lot easier to work on and a lot simpler than a Water Wizard. Rotten hoses are cheap and easy to replace. Paystation can be given a facelift with new buttons, decals, and a good cleaning. It should be able to take a $20 and pay out change, and should be able to pay out dollar coins.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Can't speak about the Kondor or many other inverted Ls because I've seen very few. I bet there's currently less than 10 inverted Ls in in my metro area of one million people. I can say that in 2006 I removed two vectors and replaced with water wizard 2.0s and the customer response was hugely positive, despite concerns of kinda going backwards in design and aesthetics and having to install guiderails to force customers to drive in straight. If customers have gotten a bad taste in their mouth from previous negligent owners it might help to install something new, but you can do a heck of a facelift on most machines for 10K. If you clean and wrap the old automatic and cashier and install extrutech and some aftermarket LED lighting it would look like a new machine. As with all touch frees, effective chemistry is hugely important. Find a local distributor that knows how to clean in you immediate geographical area. What works there in touchless cleaning might not work as well even 100 miles away.

Post pictures of the place and the machine to this thread. We love to spend others people's money!

SVGroup

Reaction score
The Kondor is a good machine, IMO a lot easier to work on and a lot simpler than a Water Wizard. Rotten hoses are cheap and easy to replace. Paystation can be given a facelift with new buttons, decals, and a good cleaning. It should be able to take a $20 and pay out change, and should be able to pay out dollar coins.
Your thoughts on the pictures I've attached?

Etowah

SVGroup

Reaction score
Can't speak about the Kondor or many other inverted Ls because I've seen very few. I bet there's currently less than 10 inverted Ls in in my metro area of one million people. I can say that in 2006 I removed two vectors and replaced with water wizard 2.0s and the customer response was hugely positive, despite concerns of kinda going backwards in design and aesthetics and having to install guiderails to force customers to drive in straight. If customers have gotten a bad taste in their mouth from previous negligent owners it might help to install something new, but you can do a heck of a facelift on most machines for 10K. If you clean and wrap the old automatic and cashier and install extrutech and some aftermarket LED lighting it would look like a new machine. As with all touch frees, effective chemistry is hugely important. Find a local distributor that knows how to clean in you immediate geographical area. What works there in touchless cleaning might not work as well even 100 miles away.

Post pictures of the place and the machine to this thread. We love to spend others people's money!

Attachments

washnshine

Reaction score
In my opinion, it does not look that bad cosmetically. Like Mac and the others have said- you can facelift this pretty easily. And if you get your chemicals straightened out to clean well, you will be in good shape.

MEP001

Reaction score
I agree, the worst looking part of the cashier is that someone slapped on a new decal and didn't clean the old one off. The rusty lock housings can be replaced, the rest is just cleaning it. A hundred bucks will make it look new. The plastic panels on the machine come off and can be cleaned. The rusted out steel supports are a bigger problem, but that can still be dealt with. It needs to be done ASAP because they are all that supports the roof.

SVGroup

Reaction score
In my opinion, it does not look that bad cosmetically. Like Mac and the others have said- you can facelift this pretty easily. And if you get your chemicals straightened out to clean well, you will be in good shape.
What type of things would you do as a facelift? New wrap? Replace almost everything?

SVGroup

Reaction score
I agree, the worst looking part of the cashier is that someone slapped on a new decal and didn't clean the old one off. The rusty lock housings can be replaced, the rest is just cleaning it. A hundred bucks will make it look new. The plastic panels on the machine come off and can be cleaned. The rusted out steel supports are a bigger problem, but that can still be dealt with. It needs to be done ASAP because they are all that supports the roof.
Yes the beams inside the walls are definitely in needs of replacing.

MEP001

Reaction score
What type of things would you do as a facelift? New wrap? Replace almost everything?
You don't need to wrap the Kondor, just clean the panels. They come off easily.

Roz

Reaction score
Talk to your Kondor rep. They may be able to help you get it looking more appealing. Then talk to a chemical rep about helping you dial in the chemicals and the wash packages. You do not want to challenge customers with railings or pressure pads on the floor - a big turn off for customers. You can also add lights to make the place pop. Hoses, ask rep the cost to replace them all so you start with new ones and perhaps make them such that they do not rub against anything.

washnshine

Reaction score
Yes- most things can be cleaned or wrapped, replace decals, signage etc. obviously structural steel and hoses need replacement for safety and functionality. Nice think about a Kondor is that there is not much to it. No huge gantry or large, wide overhead bridge. Clean up or wrap the box and clean or replace any covers on the arm. Make sure all lights work and you will have a pretty new looking machine. Have a pro help you get your chemistry right so you are cleaning well and you will be washing cars with repeat customers.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You don't need to wrap the Kondor, just clean the panels. They come off easily.
I like the idea of changing the look of it and the cashier. It gives many the impression of a brand new machine. Ive had customers comment on "the new vacuum" when all I did was put a decal on the old one that made it look totally different

SVGroup

Reaction score
Talk to your Kondor rep. They may be able to help you get it looking more appealing. Then talk to a chemical rep about helping you dial in the chemicals and the wash packages. You do not want to challenge customers with railings or pressure pads on the floor - a big turn off for customers. You can also add lights to make the place pop. Hoses, ask rep the cost to replace them all so you start with new ones and perhaps make them such that they do not rub against anything.
Thank you for your responses. I'm fairly new to the game. I'm still working on getting in touch with vendors. Is there a Kondor and Chemical rep you may recommend?