What's new

Water weeping from guns

AzSuds

Reaction score
So I am new to the car wash game. Just finishing my first month with 2 locations. What would cause water to be weeping out of 2 of my guns even with all the weep valves closed and weep system turned off? It is a constant stream of water. Bad valves? Not sure what else to look at. Thanks for the help!

MEP001

Reaction score
Rinse solenoids? Need more info and/or some pictures of the equipment.

AzSuds

Reaction score
Rinse solenoids? Need more info and/or some pictures of the equipment.
It’s old Ryko equipment that’s probably 35 years old. I can take pics in the morning.

mac

Reaction score
If it’s that old it’s more likely the little rubber puck on the solenoid stems are worn. Either replace part or the solenoid.

$!cmad3k

Reaction score
Could be trash holding the plungers up in the solenoids. Is it 100% water or is there any chemical with it?

Randy

Reaction score
The easiest thing to do would be to disconnect the hoses off the pump that is leaking to determine which solenoid valve is actually leaking and then go from there. It could be something as simple as a little debris under the valve seat or it could be the valve it's self. You want to try and use the same valve as what's on your equipment now. I used to hate going into an equipment room to work on someones equipment and they had a miss mash of wires and junk components. Can you post some pictures of what you've got?

James.Ireland

Reaction score
I recently had the same problem with my old Ryko Power Wash IV equipment.

I diagnosed using the following approach:
Feel the temperature of water weeping out of the gun to see if it is hot or cold. In my case the water was cold.
I then closed the cold water feed to the bench and see if the water stopped. In my case it did.
To make 100% sure this was the issue I also disconnected the supply hose and turned the cold water feed on. In my case it started dripping out of the hose, so I was pretty sure that was the issue.

I replaced the 1" solenoid feeding the pumps. I can get you a part number for the Parker solenoid tomorrow if you like. My equipment uses 24VAC solenoids.

Attached picture of my wash equipment. Don't judge too harshly, I have since done a lot of work cleaning this bench up.
Photo 2022-01-21, 11 20 43 AM.jpg

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
If your rinse water is street pressure, it's most likely that solenoid valve. Hopefully you have a shut off valve before the solenoid. Shut it and if the water stops weeping you need to replace the plunger and valve seat. If when you shut off the rinse, it keeps weeping, go down the line, soap, wax etc, keep shutting them off one at a time until you stop the weep, then rebuild that valve.