What's new

Water heater suggestion

Ultra Shine

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2 bay wash with 2 pdq 4000’s I’m swapping them out for m5’s.
1 of the pump stations has a heater on it for the solutions , but I would like to add a boiler or tankless heater so I can use warm rinse water in winter.

I have a boiler for the floor heat , just wondering what the most cost effective way would be .
Boiler or tankless
Thanks

OurTown

Reaction score
How warm of rinse water are we talking? Tankless water heaters are efficient but to feed two machines for high pressure rinse you might need a wall of them. A large condensing type boiler with a tank and recirculating motor might be better because they don't restrict the flow therefore not starving the pumps. With our older type non condensing boiler it is not a good idea to run the temperature on the lower side because it will short cycle but I'm not sure about the newer condensing types. Do you anticipate having issues with cold rinse?

Randy

Reaction score
Are you kidding me!! Warm water rinse. What are trying to accomplish by using a warm water rinse? The increased energy costs will kill you. Not a good idea.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Coleman was briefly pushing hot water rinse in the mid 2000s. IIRC it came out to roughly $1 car in nat gas costs, and that was fifteen years ago.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Bad idea but i can hook you up if you really want one. Ive got a lochinvar gas heater with circulator and 100 storage tank. $500. Call Bob @ 252- 432-6560

Ultra Shine

Reaction score
I’m not going to run 100 degree water on a rinse just warm water in the winter.
I have been doing it for a year now at another location and I feel it cleans the car better.
You wash your hands and body in warm water. A car has pours to. It makes a difference eating the winter