What's new

WashWorld Razor

jsoriano

Reaction score
Hi, we are in the process of replacing one of our Laser 4000 with a WashWorld Razor, we think is a good machine and we are getting a good deal.

Of course nobody will tell us the bad stuff from what they sell....so my question is what strange things we could foresee in a near future?

Thanks

Eric H

Reaction score
At this point the machines are so refined that, IMO, there are very few issues. Software glitches are always a concern but WW is VERY good about providing updates. If the machines are installed, setup and maintained properly you'll get many years of service.
My good friend Waxman is installing a machine right now. He is always asking me the same questions, "what about this? what about that?" "What parts do I need to stock". The machines just run and run!
My biggest issue is people hitting the machine! Don't ask, I don't want to talk about it

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I replaced a touchless wash w/ a Razor XR7.
Am about to replace another touchless w/ a Razor Edge. Edge has faster throughput, which is what I desperately need, & still has all bells/whistles.
What are the biggest differences between the XR7 and the Edge? Why the difference in throughput between the two?

soonermajic

Reaction score
What are the biggest differences between the XR7 and the Edge? Why the difference in throughput between the two?
Edge has xtra pods & ability to put on products through them, going down & back. Can do top pkg, including 10 secs uc & dwell, in 4:00! That's 2 minutes faster than my LW !

SuperSuds04

Reaction score
I had 2 new razors put in my wash in 2018, they were pretty full proof after intial setup quirks. Just like any type of machinery as time goes on there are typically little faults, honestly haven't had much down town with mine. The worst, as with any equipment, are just intermittent issues that take a little while to actually trouble shoot because you can't replicate them. So far all I've had to do is regular maintenance, tighten a belt here and there, a couple sensors (home, star wheel, trolley position, and a couple relays inside of the cabinet). All in all way more reliable than my SideTrac was but those were 14 years old at the time and had issues non stop. They've been great machines thus far, and when I upgrade again I will probably stay with WW due to their customer serivce and ease of usage.