What's new

WashWorld E-Chain and HP Hose

Roz

Reaction score
We have a burst 3/4" HP hose, the one that is located inside the Razor E-Chain. Trying to figure out a way to open the e-chain links so we can simply remove and replace the hose. Alternative is to attach new hose to the broken hose and pull however this is not easy given the 180 turn in the chain and the length. Not an easy task so looking for a way to open the links in the e-chain. Anyone with experience replacing that hose (part #42815)? Thanks. Jordan

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Can't you pull the new hose as far as possible with the old one? Then if the 180 causes difficulty, move the bridge to get the 180 in a different place, which would essentially get your coupling around the bend. That's what I have done with my Mark VII, albeit 1/2" not 3/4".

Roz

Reaction score
That’s the game plan when I have my attendant available to help as the coupling gets caught on the links. Just thought that WW has put so much thought into making a great machine that the process is probably simpler and we are just overlooking the easy solution.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Not sure how the chain is on the Razor but I just did this on my Radius. I had the chain "open" in less than 10 mins. If you do go this route I'd hit the locking tabs on the chain with some WD40 prior to disassembly

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Just thought that WW has put so much thought into making a great machine that the process is probably simpler and we are just overlooking the easy solution.
I know that they send the chain "pre-loaded", and I'm guessing it's much easier when it's laying flat.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Not sure how the chain is on the Razor but I just did this on my Radius. I had the chain "open" in less than 10 mins. If you do go this route I'd hit the locking tabs on the chain with some WD40 prior to disassembly
Your talking about the e-chain on the Ryko Radius inside the bridge not on the outside where it's just a overhead boom.

sparkey

Reaction score
If its like the E-Chain on my razor you just take a small wrench and give the metal rods on the chain a quarter turn and they will just lift off. I have had to replace several of the rods because they wear to the point they will break in half. I have had to replace the hose in my chain. I just took several of the rods off around the 180 degree turn and fed the hose in both ways at the bend.

Roz

Reaction score
I tried to pry open the links but was concerned about breaking the track. We replaced the hose and the process was easier than initially expected when we had two people (one pulling the old hose coupled to the new hose and one using a wrench to keep the coupling from catching on a link).

Reactions: APW

22MVR22

Reaction score
I tried to pry open the links but was concerned about breaking the track. We replaced the hose and the process was easier than initially expected when we had two people (one pulling the old hose coupled to the new hose and one using a wrench to keep the coupling from catching on a link).
Just for future reference, the e-chain cross link can be removed with a flat head. Just insert it into the slots like in the pictures, apply some force and pop it out.

E-chain Crosslink3.jpg InkedE-chain Crosslink_LI.jpg InkedE-chain Crosslink1_LI.jpg

sparkey

Reaction score
The new E-chain doesn't have those metal rods anymore on the gen 3 and newer models.
Could someone get me the brand name & part number of the new style energy chain that is on the razor? I need a heavy duty E-chain for another project I am working on.