What's new

Wash bay camera placement

1carwash1

Reaction score
I have the option to mount cameras on my light poles or in each bay. From experience, would it better to mount the cameras on the perimeter light poles on in the bays? One of my concerns about mounting cameras in the bays is that the lens will frequently need cleaning. Additionally, if I do mount them in the bay what is the best placement?

chaz

Reaction score
I have both. Two per bay on opposite corners plus on building and light posts. You can never have two many.....I’m a 4 s/s and 1 auto with 32 cameras

Mchas

Reaction score
Don’t mount them too high up or you’ll be seeing the tops of heads instead of faces, and you won’t be able to see license plates.

Mine are mounted in the corners of bays and I wipe them off maybe once every two months.

I have them pointed toward the meter boxes/timers so I can tell if the power is on or if there are any other issues.

Go 4K for sure.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Mine are up high in the corner of the bay near the ceiling far diagonal corner form meter box. Don't seem to need wiping.

MEP001

Reaction score
Why would you, since you still have to run power to it?

OurTown

Reaction score
Why would you, since you still have to run power to it?

If you wanted to put one in a place where it's impractical to run a communication cable but you might have power like a light or sign pole. It's been a while since we looked at them but they used to be very low picture quality compared to wired.