What's new

wand pumps?

splash1

Reaction score
Do the pumps that attach to your high pressure wands really work? I use a ring-o-matic clamshell to remove mud from my sump and there is always so much excess water. I need to find a way to first get rid of some of that water. any suggestions?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
HP pumps IMO wouldn't work, you need a trash pump. A sump pump might work if you keep the trash out of it and just do the water.

Kevin James

Reaction score
Are you talking about the ejector type pump you connect to a High pressure hose? If you are don’t waste your money, they don’t work.

Kevin James

Reaction score
Do the pumps that attach to your high pressure wands really work? I use a ring-o-matic clamshell to remove mud from my sump and there is always so much excess water. I need to find a way to first get rid of some of that water. any suggestions?
No! they don't work very well for mud. Those things are wonderful if all your trying to do is move water, maybe muddy water. If you’re trying to move mud forget it. The mud will drop out of the water and plug up the hose, been there and done that. I think we still have one at one of the washes, I’ll have the maintenance guys take a look. If you want it send me your address and I’ll send it to you, you can have it for the cost of shipping. I think you might be disappointed.

splash1

Reaction score
No! they don't work very well for mud. Those things are wonderful if all your trying to do is move water, maybe muddy water. If you’re trying to move mud forget it. The mud will drop out of the water and plug up the hose, been there and done that. I think we still have one at one of the washes, I’ll have the maintenance guys take a look. If you want it send me your address and I’ll send it to you, you can have it for the cost of shipping. I think you might be disappointed.
Thank you for the offer. I really appreciate it, but I think I will take your advice and look for another solution.
Up to now what I have done is just dip all the water I can with a bucket and that helps a little. Thanks again

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I use this to pump water off the top of the pits...

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-hor...ge-pump-with-tethered-float-switch-68451.html

Works great, especially if you rig up 1-1/2" to 2" hose and use those fire hose type couplers to connect the hose to the pump...

It says it will pass 2" solids and pumps 75 gal a minute...I have let it get down in the mud and it keeps pumping as long as it doesn't loose prime...

Randy

Reaction score
Thank you for the offer. I really appreciate it, but I think I will take your advice and look for another solution.
Up to now what I have done is just dip all the water I can with a bucket and that helps a little. Thanks again
What are you exactly trying to do? What are you wanting to pump water out of? I bought a 2” Sewage pump like what 2Biz is using on EBay years ago for next to nothing. I use 2” vacuum hose as the discharge hose. I use it to pump the water off the top of my holding tanks before I have them pumped, no sense in paying to haul away water. I have a 750 and a 1500 gallon tank that I have to have pumped every 18 months.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
About 20 years ago, after pushing the mud away from the pipe so the water would drain, a light bulb went off in my head. If the end of the pit with the pipe was covered with a solid plate, instead of grating, the mud wouldn't build up at the "pipe" end as fast. A side benefit to this is that the pit will hold a lot more mud before it gets to the pipe. When mine finally need cleaning there is probably not 10 gallons of water in them. I have had the mud build all the way up into the grating on the "grate" end and have the water still draining.

MEP001

Reaction score
splash1, they do work well for water. It won't move the solid, settled mud without spraying it with a lot more water and mixing it into a slurry, but since that's not what you're doing, you might take the offer for a free one.

splash1

Reaction score