What's new

Voice Alerts via Remotely

Walter White

Reaction score
I used to use PC Anywhere years back to access my office computer and send out Pre recorded prompts over my speakers. I have a couple of Ring cameras that are great for the same thing(2 way talking) but does anyone use a sound board with pre set recordings? If so what are you using? I know people are much bolder now and really don’t care about the cameras. But a nice reminder that 32 cameras are watching you helps

Rudy

Reaction score
FWIW, I tried using the Ring cameras installed on the front of my ACW's.....but it has proven to be a failure. Cars block the Wifi signal when they pull in front of the Ring devices. I've added antennas and signal repeaters....but nothing has worked.

I have finally set up the two way talk on my Lorex video system. It only allows for 1 channel of two way talk. I installed a horn style speaker, and also an audio amplifier....so basically I have a two way PA system. What's nice about this...is that I can use my Android phone to talk to customers when I'm not in front of my PC.

MEP001

Reaction score
FWIW, I tried using the Ring cameras installed on the front of my ACW's.....but it has proven to be a failure. Cars block the Wifi signal when they pull in front of the Ring devices. I've added antennas and signal repeaters....but nothing has worked.
I don't know how hard it would be to run an ethernet cable to it, but they do make hardwired units.

Blanco

Reaction score
I don't know how hard it would be to run an ethernet cable to it, but they do make hardwired units.
The hardwired Ring devices are hardwired for power not internet. There is no ethernet spot. Would be nice if there was.

Blanco

Reaction score
I used to use PC Anywhere years back to access my office computer and send out Pre recorded prompts over my speakers. I have a couple of Ring cameras that are great for the same thing(2 way talking) but does anyone use a sound board with pre set recordings? If so what are you using? I know people are much bolder now and really don’t care about the cameras. But a nice reminder that 32 cameras are watching you helps
You can order a floyd bell and have pre recorded messages. You can activate it with smart plugs from your phone. You won't be able to hear customers or talk back though.