What's new

Vacuums not turning on with correct numbe of coins

jsoriano

Reaction score
Hello, we used to have once in a while a customer complaining that vacuum did not turn on, we put an extra coin and start working. Maybe they did not count correctly....I am assuming. But, now have of my vacuums need one or more coins to turn on, even when i tested. Yesterday I tested one and had to put 3 more on top of the 8 that need it. What could be the problem? Coin acceptor need to be replace? Timer switch is not working? both? At the beginning I thought could be cryptopay swiper but we removed it from half of vacuums and problem continues. Please need some suggestions,

Thanks

soapy

Reaction score
If you have mechanical coin acceptors check to see that the wire that is supposed to trip is not bent and making the full cycle when a coin is dropped. It could also be the coin switch itself. If you have electronic coin acceptors check the make sure you have the correct pulse selection.

Bandit

Reaction score
If you have mechanical coin acceptors check to see that the wire that is supposed to trip is not bent and making the full cycle when a coin is dropped. It could also be the coin switch itself. If you have electronic coin acceptors check the make sure you have the correct pulse selection.
Reprogram the coin receptor

Damoni88

Reaction score
What kind of coin mechanism do you have? If it mechanicals check the two wires on the very bottom and make sure the bar is good and straight like a L. Please let us know what type you have.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Only way to tell for sure if it is the mech not always sending good pulse or the timer not receiving it is to swap them out one at a tie and see what happens. Could be either or both.

jsoriano

Reaction score
What kind of coin mechanism do you have? If it mechanicals check the two wires on the very bottom and make sure the bar is good and straight like a L. Please let us know what type you have.
Hi, we are using a Slugbuster II for tokens and quarters. Also a KR-403 timer.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Make sure the bottom where the coin drop out of is not wet or greasy. I usually take a small flat head with a little piece of towel and clean it. Another thing u can try is changing out the quater that sits in the slot. I have had this issue with sensatron and when i cleaned where the quarters drop from it fixed my issue.

Randy

Reaction score
The first thing I'd do is turn up the sensitivity setting a little more towards the + side or replace the coin acceptor with one of my spare Slugbuster II coin acceptors that I have on the shelf.
On a side note: You should be using a 110 volt mercury relay with that timer to take the load off the timer, it'll last a lot longer with a mercury relay controlling the On/Off function of the vacuum..

MEP001

Reaction score
Hi, we are using a Slugbuster II for tokens and quarters. Also a KR-403 timer.
Swap the coin acceptor to a different vac. If the problem moves with the acceptor, it's the problem. Changing the sensitivity won't affect your problem as it's taking coins and not giving credit.

jsoriano

Reaction score
Swap the coin acceptor to a different vac. If the problem moves with the acceptor, it's the problem. Changing the sensitivity won't affect your problem as it's taking coins and not giving credit.
Hello, we raised the sensitivity and two minutes later someone complained again....did not work. I will be moving the coin acceptor to a vacuum. The problem is people is already talking. A very good customer told me that couple of days ago some guy was vacuuing his car and told him that just put less quarters and complained to the attendant. They will complete the missing quarters

MEP001

Reaction score
Sounds like it's time to add a counter.

MEP001

Reaction score

Since you have Slugbuster II acceptors, it just hooks to the purple and black wires.

I've had the same problem, if you're quick to give a refund the word spreads fast and everyone will come looking for their handout.

Randy

Reaction score
Why don’t you quit dicking around and just buy another Slugbuster II coin acceptor and send the one that’s not giving credit in for repair. I talked to Parker engineering and they said you have a bad sensor in the coin path, it's the sensor that's behind the black control module.

Randy

Reaction score
Hello, we used to have once in a while a customer complaining that vacuum did not turn on, we put an extra coin and start working. Maybe they did not count correctly....I am assuming. But, now have of my vacuums need one or more coins to turn on, even when i tested. Yesterday I tested one and had to put 3 more on top of the 8 that need it. What could be the problem? Coin acceptor need to be replace? Timer switch is not working? both? At the beginning I thought could be cryptopay swiper but we removed it from half of vacuums and problem continues. Please need some suggestions,

Thanks
Have you gotten your vacuum fixed now so it's crediting the correct number of coins

Etowah

jsoriano

Reaction score
Have you gotten your vacuum fixed now so it's crediting the correct number of coins
Hello Randy,

Yes, i replaced all coin accpetors with Ginsan multitrons. I know theyre are expensive but did not want to continue with same problem. Still once in a while someone tries to get the free coins scam but also installed a camera in each vacuum island and can now can check and count the coins they put. All the complaints were people lying.

thanks for asking....

getnbusy

Reaction score
Did you fix it ? check this out

I have been having the same problem. I have narrowed mine down to the timer. Check to see if operates off of grace time. ( can you add a quarter and restart the vacuum after the time runs out). Also check to see if you can set the coins to start to a different amount and it works fine.

I am currently having a problem with the coin count. It is set to 6 but it takes 7 to start. I have set the timer to 5 coins to start and it now comes on at 6. weird eh ?

ALso these are non grace time timers, and they are allowing grace time

Im scratching my head onthis unless the timers are labled wrong.

Randy

Reaction score

I have been having the same problem. I have narrowed mine down to the timer. Check to see if operates off of grace time. ( can you add a quarter and restart the vacuum after the time runs out). Also check to see if you can set the coins to start to a different amount and it works fine.

I am currently having a problem with the coin count. It is set to 6 but it takes 7 to start. I have set the timer to 5 coins to start and it now comes on at 6. weird eh ?

I'd replace the coin acceptor or move it to another vacuum. Once upon a time I had the same problem and it turned out to be the coin acceptor. what kind of coin acceptor and timer are you using?

jsoriano

Reaction score

Hi, suddenly everything started again in two vacuums. Half of our vacuums have Cryptopay swipers installed. We take 8 coins to start and was taken 13 to start. Removed Cryptopay and is working ok now. Still have 4 vacuums with swipers and are working ok. All of my vacuums have same coin acceptor and timers, Multitrons and Kleenrite timers.

Etowah