What's new

Vacuum Setup?

jprb

Reaction score
We are looking to replace the vacuums at a location with 2 vacs. They are currently on a single island with one facing each side. We are planning on replacing the vacs with a fragrance/vac and a shampoo/vac. I was wondering about placing them on two separate (in line), single vac islands, facing each other, with a walkway between the two, and a parking space on each side. This would allow access to both vacs (fragrance & shampoo) from either side of the two islands.

What are your thoughts on this? Pros/cons

Thanks
JPRB

MEP001

Reaction score
If your budget will allow, I would recommend separate units that each contain all the features. If not, you could have a fragrance'vac and a shampoo/vac on the same island but facing away from one another on the ends of the island instead of each facing a parking space. That way customers can use both without having to move.

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
We used stand alone shampoo and fragerence with vascuum in between--all accessable from either side. The adjacent island has 2 vacs also accessable from either side. Our fragerence and shampoo use does not support adding more units.

Ted

washme1

Reaction score
If possible, I would suggest putting them inline along a curb. Providing some distance between vehicles will give customers (especially females) a sense of additional security. Putting the vac islands just off of your pavement means they won't obstruct traffic and is just a cleaner setup.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
We are looking to replace the vacuums at a location with 2 vacs. They are currently on a single island with one facing each side. We are planning on replacing the vacs with a fragrance/vac and a shampoo/vac. I was wondering about placing them on two separate (in line), single vac islands, facing each other, with a walkway between the two, and a parking space on each side. This would allow access to both vacs (fragrance & shampoo) from either side of the two islands.

What are your thoughts on this? Pros/cons

Thanks
JPRB
Have a couple of these setups. Coleman Islands with Coleman combo units, I never saw it before or since I did it. Been about ten years since I did it. Vacs are on 2 seperate islands vacing each oither.shampoo in vac faces the line of sight on the approach. Not sure te exact distance beteeen islands. I have the 8 foot (I think maybe 10 foot illuminated Coleman canopy spanning poth islands. Each island has the Canopy support pole "behind the vac" (approach and exit side). Either side can access either vac. Majkes all functions available and on the rare occasion when one goes down and can't be fixed right away it works well also.

I am in Chicago. Where are you?

jprb

Reaction score
Mr. Weiss,
We're in Southeast Missouri. It sounds like you have the setup I was thinking about. Some pictures would be great!

Thanks,
JPRB

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Mr. Weiss,
We're in Southeast Missouri. It sounds like you have the setup I was thinking about. Some pictures would be great!

Thanks,
JPRB
My E-mail is EWeisstkd@aol.com. I tried to e-mail thru the forum but I did not see an "Attachment function" Also if I click the "Insert image" button above all I get is a "Boop" sound and nothing indicates I can post a photo.

So you can send me your e-mail privately.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Earl, to add a photo to a post, you need to use the reply button at the top of the thread. That gets you to the advanced reply screen. Scroll down a little and you will see the Manage Attachments button and go from there.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
After numerous "File too large messages" I am too agravated now to continue. Have to go to dinner. Tried using "Paint " to reduce to 600 x 500 and still got message .Tried 550 x 450 and it still said i had way to many kilobites or something.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Hard to tell but the approach side has a tire air vender mounted on the canopy support pole.
I always try to pull extra wires for more addittions later. You need at least three circuits, 2 for vacs and one for the lights. A 4th for a tire air machine and more if you may add electricaly operated vendors later.

Attachments

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
You may also notice the vacs are not all in a line. I staggered them on purpose. I think you need about 20 feet between islands for vehicls with the doors open. By staggering them the open doors do not all line up allowing some fudge factor. Still the vacs furthest form the tunnel exit can only be approached from one side . There are eleven vacs in all at this site. 7 are combos. More than enough 90% of the time.