What's new

Vac Compressor Issue

slash007

Reaction score
I have a JC shampoo/vac that I'm having issues with. The compressor runs, but is not putting out any air. Is that something that can be fixed, or do I need to replace the compressor?

MEP001

Reaction score
It's most likely the reed valve which is usually riveted onto the head. I would bet you can get just the head and replace it, but it might be worth finding a new compressor the same size.

slash007

Reaction score
That's what I feared. I know where to find the shampoo motor, but have not had to replace the compressor. Anyone know of a good replacement source that's not Jim Coleman?

MEP001

Reaction score
I have found the same pumps on eBay new and used. Harbor Freight has some that are supposedly pretty good, but I can't speak for their longevity. Thomas Compressors are some of the best out there, but they're very expensive.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have had luck with the small Harbor freight units but most any small compressor works since. the unit does not require much air to make foam and their is no Back Pressure and it only runs for short periods of time. Biggest killer might be whatever temperature extremes are in your area. but there is a heater inside the Shampoo N Vac. Box so you would not have hard starting in cold weather like you might have on a plain fragrance machine where I added strip heater like I use for SS Coin Boxes to make it easier to start in cold weather.