What's new

Vac Break-In Any Ideas

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help here on some ideas to prevent Vac Break-Ins. Recently, I have been hit 3 times the past 6 weeks by the same guy. The first time they brought a car but they noticed the cameras so now they are walking up. I have Jim Coleman 93000 Super Vacs with 24040 Coin Vaults welded to them. They are prying the vault doors up and off the coin box. Anybody have any good ideas or modifications ideas to prevent this? Thanks in advance.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
I believe coleman has a fix for these doors, had the same problem and brought new doors that solved the problem.
Hope this helps.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
[video=youtube;UWqCjs1wAqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWqCjs1wAqQ&t=32s[/video]
These guys were getting into the same type vaults last year except they were drilling. Do they look like your guy? Local LE knows who these people are.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
My colemans have a round lock bar across the front plate and Abus lock in a shield . I know this won't stop someone but it will make them work harder. So far no issues.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Thanks for all your feedback guys! I was looking on KR and talked to Coleman to see which security bar I am going to install across the front of the vault doors.

Ghetto: No those aren't my guys. Mine is a young punk....turns out it was the guy that hit me the first time! Apparently he had a record and outstanding warrants (all kinds of thefts, credit card fraud, stealing..imagine that) so they hauled him off the jail but looks like he's out and hasn't learned. Filed another police report on this guy so hopefully they'll catch him.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Thanks for all your feedback guys! I was looking on KR and talked to Coleman to see which security bar I am going to install across the front of the vault doors.
Nothing is full proof. You can only slow them down. One important feature aside from the SS round stock bar is the shield around the lock. Bar is an easy retrofit. Shield would have to be welded on. If no shield you could use a hockey puck lock and if they put a wrench on it, it will just spin. PM me with your -email and I will send a photo of something else I did on a machine.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I’ve had a couple bars cut. Fools spent more money on the blade than they got out of the vac. You’re right, nothing is fool proof. We can deter and/or slow them down.