What's new

Unitec power supplies/other misc parts

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Just putting here for future reference. Love my wash selects but now with call ahead tech support appointment tech support I pretty much feel I'm on my own to figure out the problem, (along with the help of the folks here anyway). I had a problem last week I was trying to figure out and the next available tech support slot was seven days out. Yeah, I'm not going to shut down for a week while waiting for my appointment. But I guess I could call my distributor to get immediate tech support, which for me is a $500 trip charge and probably two days out. I think they need to figure out something better for the end user. A knowledge database would be helpful (schematics, etc). But again, I probably call them only every couple of years. :

Anyway, I always check RDM for various parts. They stock the basics, and have a great swap program especially for the interface board.

I found these power supplies online:

5/12V mfg part number is NLP-65-9629J. Mfg. is artesynn. Arrow electronics sells them for less than $50 each. At that price I highly recommend keeping a spare on the shelf, especially if you have multiple WS IIs

I thought the 24DC power supply(printer) was NLP65-9624J, only $11 at arrow. it's slightly different than the one that came off. Both are 24V but the one I ordered with that part number has a torrid coil on it, the one from the WSII has a jumper, otherwise they appear identical. Maybe somewhere here with more electronics knowledge can expand on that.

Eric H

Reaction score
DRB In-Bay Solutions (formerly Unitec) does now have some Operator Support options that allow you to call directly when needed.
What about operators that purchased $80,000 worth of Unitec equipment based on Unitec’s previous on-call support at no additional charge? I presumed that I paid a premium upfront for “free” support.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I added "other misc parts" to the title, maybe should rename the thread "the tightwad's guide to buying unitec parts" or something similar. On my two units the lexan cover for the factory display for the I/O board was hazed over as well as the top display window. The custom cut ones from unitec are nice but pretty pricey. A friend of mine said he used plain lexan he ordered of Amazon. I found this place I thought I would share that will cut to order, here I ordered 3/16" thick. When you place a piece in the cart it will allow you to get UV protected and also custom cut for 1.00, which is a bargain IMO. The top display window is 5"x2-3/4 " and the I/O board window is 8-5/8"x 4-1/4". I had to order two sets to meet minimum order requirements and the grand total was 26.45. You just order the right size and drill a few holes. Since it is not cut out to fit the front board I used a small bead of silicone to better seal it. I think it turned out looking pretty good. Since it's so inexpensive I'd be more inclined to swap out more frequently.

Reactions: APW