What's new

Unitec and Gas Station Integration

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I just recently installed 2 new Unitec Portal Ti+ pay-stations for my automatics and now the dilemma is trying to figure out how to integrate with the gas station next door, I purchased a device called a Moxabox from Unitec to hookup to the register to sell wash codes at the registers and pumps BUT apparently I need a lot more equipment to make this happen I'm told now, has anybody here done this between their wash and a gas station, previously I had Ryko site servers at each location to be able to sell codes but now with Unitec I have to install new equipment I just don't know what equipment is needed.

Unitec Station.png

mac

Reaction score
I’ve done that. United has an encrypted code system. Call them for details. It codes a ticket and it workers well did not have to buy anything.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I’ve done that. United has an encrypted code system. Call them for details. It codes a ticket and it workers well did not have to buy anything.
Are you referring to the POS4000 unit? I was told I didn't need that just a Moxabox and possibly another preprogrammed Unitec router at the gas station so the Unitec router at my wash could communicate with and that's it but now they are telling me otherwise.

mac

Reaction score
I had a Unitec WS2 and the gas station was around 800’ away. It worked fine and I didn’t have to buy anything.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Did you figure anything out here? I've been wanting to do this as well... I own a POS4000 and have a WSII. I actually scheduled a call with Unitec to talk about this a couple months ago but the guy I got wasn't very helpful in explaining what needs to be done. Just kept telling me he can put a work order in for it and didn't seem to know anything else. The gas station is 430 feet away for me.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well I'm going to be running a new Outdoor rated Shielded Cat6 cable from my wash to the gas station with a switch then to the Moxabox, from what the level 3 rep said at Unitec you have to have either WiFi or a dedicated hard line between the wash and the point of sale (gas station) they never heard of using the internet to integrate 2 or more sites. I'm just going to get my site working again and investigate this further.

Reaction score
Hi guys. I used various code systems that were suitable for my old devices. I wanted to conveniently manage my company through one single integration. But all I got was an outdated system where all parts of the management were lagging and annoying all my employees. I couldn't transfer our company to something else for a long time. I needed to find modern and simple technology that wouldn't cause difficulties for those who don't understand programming. And I found simple pre-made integrations by Planfix. I'm sure you'll like this stuff too. It's simple for business enterprises and for non-profit organizations.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Hi guys. I used various code systems that were suitable for my old devices.
Can you link to this company called "Various Code Systems?" I am unable to find it with a Google search.

mac

Reaction score
Luke’s various code systems is a general description not a specific name. Sort of like assorted vegetables.