What's new

U.S. Census Bureau Survey for Car Wash Income Categories?!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I am sure that many of my fellow car wash owners have received in the mail ... what seems to go way beyond our 100% honest reporting for normal IRS record keeping & reporting requirements etc. Any thoughts? I think it goes into too much minutia requiring valuable resources going towards unnecessary extra bookkeeping etc. Not sure what their purpose for this specific U.S. Commerce Economic Census &/or the potential for misuse of the information?!

It seems to smack of how I used to have an insurance carrier who required minutia info in terms of the specific services to be broken down within the same facility because different categories required different rates. I have flashbacks of my dad (born in 1910) telling us kids about back in the 1930s the gov't had hired him to go to farm houses & count every little chick etc. That happened to have something to do with the info being used for a "personal property" tax way back when. Thankfully, that specific census=>tax no longer exists in our area.

Potential $5-10K gov't penalty for not responding??? Hopefully, none of us are for this type of duplication-distraction mandatory online Fed Gov't questionnaires?!

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I didn't receive this. Can you post the contents?

eckert16

Reaction score
Very similar in format and style to the American Community Survey Form that the IRS sends out. If you've ever received the ACS "survey" and not recoiled from those 'survey' questions, then ...
Here's a simple form letter response that was developed in response to the ACS style invasive questions.

blacklistednews.com/article/84196/the-right-to-be-let-alone-when-the-government-wants-to-know-all.html

Attachments

Last edited: