What's new

Turning complainers into loyal customers

mac

Reaction score
Every now and then I get a note from someone who had an issue at the wash. I have gotten to where I like getting them. Mainly because I would rather get a note than fix something an angry customer broke. I don't get many any more but when I do I respond with an apology and offer a refund and a free wash in the automatic. Most are surprised a business owner would do this. When they come for the refund I go over the operation and let them know if it ever happens again, just call my phone number posted all over and I can start any device from my phone. Almost always they come back and wave when they see me.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every now and then I get a note from someone who had an issue at the wash. I have gotten to where I like getting them. Mainly because I would rather get a note than fix something an angry customer broke. I don't get many any more but when I do I respond with an apology and offer a refund and a free wash in the automatic. Most are surprised a business owner would do this. When they come for the refund I go over the operation and let them know if it ever happens again, just call my phone number posted all over and I can start any device from my phone. Almost always they come back and wave when they see me.
Yes that's really nice when it works and I agree that's a good way to handle complaints. There are some customers who just want to complain and they bug me because no matter what I offer it's not good enough. And there are the ones who take you to court over damages that they claim my wash did when in reality it was they who drove the truck down offroad, causing heavy damage.

mac

Reaction score
Well we'll never get rid of the idiots out there. I keep reminding myself to add more chlorine to the gene pool. When I do run into the occasional real idiot I am not normally as nice. And those I don't try to convert to regular customers. I tell them where the other washes in town are.

soapy

Reaction score
If a customer lets me know of a problem and they are civil I make sure they get a full refund and some free automatic washes. I just had a guy leave a couple of phone messages for me laced with profanity and cursing at me. Seems his time ran out while using his credit card for a SS wash. Then he called back a few minutes later and was mad because we did not have the scent of air freshner he likes, all while swearing and screaming. He said I had better call him back and sell him the wash so it could be run right...... Tomorrrow I will call and suggest he take his business elsewhere.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
If a customer lets me know of a problem and they are civil I make sure they get a full refund and some free automatic washes. I just had a guy leave a couple of phone messages for me laced with profanity and cursing at me. Seems his time ran out while using his credit card for a SS wash. Then he called back a few minutes later and was mad because we did not have the scent of air freshner he likes, all while swearing and screaming. He said I had better call him back and sell him the wash so it could be run right...... Tomorrrow I will call and suggest he take his business elsewhere.
Or you could suggest he adjust his medication.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Know matter what they say they lost $1,2,3 dollars I always apologies for the inconvenience, fix the problem or move them into another bay and give them $5 that gives them FREE BONUS time.

They are always very happy and usually afterwards come over and thank me.

soonermajic

Reaction score
With all those EEs coming, u might sell it to em...😏🤔🤑

JustClean

Reaction score
I had a very rude customer. He went into the auto. While the machine was still going he calls me, abuses the hell out of me and tells me what shitty machine I had and it wouldn't clean the car properly. Later he didn't even get out to check. I apologized and said I would immediately come around and check my machine....He didn't even wait....
Of course: nothing wrong with the machine - just with the driver.
I sent him an SMS:

"After your very rude call last night I arrived at the carwash 6 minutes later to see what had happened but you were already gone. I checked the video footage but nothing was wrong. You did not even bother to get out of your car to see if your car was still dirty or not.
Since we cannot live up to your expectations I suggest you find yourself another carwash that is capable of fulfilling your requirements. With this kind of attitude you displayed I herewith must ask you to not coming back to our facility.
I have advised staff on this matter. Your payment will be refunded."

His problem is: The closest other carwash is about 10 miles away. I blocked his credit card and put his car on my numberplate recognition blacklist. If he comes in I get a message immediately. Hahaha...he has been in at least 5 times paying with cash. I love it! No complaints from his side anymore😆