What's new

Tubing size from chemical to manifold....

A.Milton

Reaction score
I have been researching dultmeier, nat'l pride and kleen rite pet wash systems. Are they all plumbed about the same way? Kleen rite is a simple straight forward set up. Is the product line from soap to manifold 1/4 od ? I have seen both sizes used which is very confusing.i would quess a smaller diameter to carry product since it is not diluted by hydro minder and tip it is running straight chemical.
I spoke with national pride...great do what they can for you company...he spoke of the bypass which makes more pressure to rinse cycle...after examining them all they look to be designed the same. If that is the case I like the size of the dultmeier table better as it is 44 inches wide. Would fit bigger dogs. I like the 40 inch height kleen rite and dultmeier have. Anyone familiar with dultmeier pet wash set up I have heard nothing and very little info available on site.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I have been researching dultmeier, nat'l pride and kleen rite pet wash systems. Are they all plumbed about the same way? Kleen rite is a simple straight forward set up. Is the product line from soap to manifold 1/4 od ? I have seen both sizes used which is very confusing.i would quess a smaller diameter to carry product since it is not diluted by hydro minder and tip it is running straight chemical.
I spoke with national pride...great do what they can for you company...he spoke of the bypass which makes more pressure to rinse cycle...after examining them all they look to be designed the same. If that is the case I like the size of the dultmeier table better as it is 44 inches wide. Would fit bigger dogs. I like the 40 inch height kleen rite and dultmeier have. Anyone familiar with dultmeier pet wash set up I have heard nothing and very little info available on site.
A. Militon,

One thing that you probably already know from previous forum posts ... if they are still available ... the solenoid manifold inlets & outputs of the liquid are somewhat reversed in terms of how they are used in a normal car wash setting. One key item for maintenance has to do with how the tubing seals to the fittings. We make sure our tubing is always new enough & pliable enough etc. If you don't pay attention to that ... these systems can lose their ability to "prime" or "draw" the concentrates into the tube.

Not to take away from the other car wash companies ... I was more impressed by National Pride's Deluxe tub than others when I saw it on display at one of the Annual Heartland Car Wash Conventions in Des Moines. It has been awhile ... so I am not sure if they have the same tub now that I saw. We had a good working relationship with some local fabricators so we did our 2 tubs locally & in house ... which may not be the best fit for everyone. Also our stalls are separated enough so it is much less likely that incompatible dogs have an encounter or pass by each other.

I hope this helps!

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com

A.Milton

Reaction score
A. Militon,

One thing that you probably already know from previous forum posts ... if they are still available ... the solenoid manifold inlets & outputs of the liquid are somewhat reversed in terms of how they are used in a normal car wash setting. One key item for maintenance has to do with how the tubing seals to the fittings. We make sure our tubing is always new enough & pliable enough etc. If you don't pay attention to that ... these systems can lose their ability to "prime" or "draw" the concentrates into the tube.

Not to take away from the other car wash companies ... I was more impressed by National Pride's Deluxe tub than others when I saw it on display at one of the Annual Heartland Car Wash Conventions in Des Moines. It has been awhile ... so I am not sure if they have the same tub now that I saw. We had a good working relationship with some local fabricators so we did our 2 tubs locally & in house ... which may not be the best fit for everyone. Also our stalls are separated enough so it is much less likely that incompatible dogs have an encounter or pass by each other.

I hope this helps!

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com
Yes that is helpful. Where did you order the mat for inside the washing table? What height did you go with? Nat'l pride will build to suit but dultmeier has the size I want and I would go with nat'l prides system set up or do it myself. Dultmeier was suppose to call back 2 days ago with info and I have not received that call. Can't imagine needing support with their plumbed set up. I was very impressed with nat'l pride. I was told a lot of the problem with product draw is due to the stickiness of the product and solenoids get gummed up...the solution is running the hoses once a month with a bucket of the hottest water you have available..clean the lines out once a month. Are you using 1/4 inch outer diameter tubing? The reason I ask is because I seen a kleeneite system set up and she had 1/4 inch inner diameter tubing...it looked huge and most I've seen shown online websites are using the 1/4 inch od tubing. She had an awful problem with product draw and that may be why.

MEP001

Reaction score
How well do you understand how a pet wash would need to be plumbed? Do you think it's something you could build yourself? What do these units cost, like $15k? There's maybe five grand in hardware in them. The bare tub is like $1700.

http://www.tristarvet.com/products/grooming-tubs/tubs/

I've been considering putting in just a tub with warm water only, charging a minimal price and letting people bring their own products. Probably not a god idea, but I'd have to put the tub outdoors and I'd want to keep it as simple as possible.

A.Milton

Reaction score
Kleen-rite unit start up pkg starts in the mid 7,000.00 area. Pkgs are similar...table with ramp, blow dry start up products, electrical box, not sure if coin box is included in kleen rite pkg...these are all basic pkgs...dultmeier starts 6,200.00. Includes blow dry, electrical box plumbing...no coin box so that would add another 2400.00. That is a basic 6 function choice...table size is largest and quality made, nat'l pride is 8900.00 turn key operation. Everything you need to get started includes vacuum as option. Kleen rite sells individual pieces...just the table not sure if that had plumbing may have been only table...4.700.00 you should really look into each company site and see the similarities and differences. I could eventually plumb it myself with help...but time is money too.the electrical connections would be more difficult for me. I am going to go back and look into tristar again I know I had looked into them at one point. I have to convert a bay...winters are brutal.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Yes that is helpful. Where did you order the mat for inside the washing table? What height did you go with? Nat'l pride will build to suit but dultmeier has the size I want and I would go with nat'l prides system set up or do it myself. Dultmeier was suppose to call back 2 days ago with info and I have not received that call. Can't imagine needing support with their plumbed set up. I was very impressed with nat'l pride. I was told a lot of the problem with product draw is due to the stickiness of the product and solenoids get gummed up...the solution is running the hoses once a month with a bucket of the hottest water you have available..clean the lines out once a month. Are you using 1/4 inch outer diameter tubing? The reason I ask is because I seen a kleeneite system set up and she had 1/4 inch inner diameter tubing...it looked huge and most I've seen shown online websites are using the 1/4 inch od tubing. She had an awful problem with product draw and that may be why.
A. Milton,

Here is the company & style of mat that we went with. We just laid the "cut by us size" down & did not glue it. http://www.rubbercal.com/rubber-mat/anti-slip-floor-mats/coin-grip-rolls-rubber-flooring.html

It is just my opinion but I think the softness of the the tubing & its ability to seal is more important than whether it is 3/8" or 1/4" OD. So we have 1/4" OD very soft & flexible. As far as height ... I would not rule out having the customer to be able to position whatever height is best for them. This has proved to be worthwhile & 100% safe for our locals for over 5 years now. Let us know what you come up with for the current "price tag" & maintenance & easily adjusted height ranges for those types of tubs???

Below is a video that the founder of this forum William M. "Bill" Pitzer posted after visiting with us here in Bismarck a few years back. As a side note we are glad we focused in on other considerations besides just credit card acceptance that we have via our almost as convenient very close-by $5 bill dispensing ATM. Making sure $5 bills & waterproof gold colored dollar coins extra available to our dog wash customers definitely helps. We do see plenty of $10, & $20 bills :) also though.

http://www.autocareforum.com/openwindow_dog_menu.html

mike walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html