What's new

Trouble with HP Soap

Noob

Reaction score
The tip on the minder for HP soap keep clogging up. I am currently using JB Fonic. I am using a dark brown tip. I have to pull the tip almost daily and clean it out or I don't get any soap in the bays. The soap in the holding tank is not diluted at all. Is the soap to which causing is to clog up the tip? Should I mix with 5 gallons of water and go with a larger tip to compensate?

Randy

Reaction score
You need to mix the JBS Fonic with 10 gallons of water before you use it in the Hydrominder, the directions are on the label. I've been using Fonic for years and have never had any problems with the nozzles clogging up. This is how I don't and have consistent soap quality. I add 5 gallons of Fonic to a 15 gallon container, add 10 gallons of hot water, mix it up with a piece of gray PVC conduit, when it gets down to about 6 inches or so left in the 15 gallon container I pour the remainder of the 15 gallon container into a 5 gallon pail, add another pail of Fonic to the now empty 15 gallon container and add 10 gallons of hot water, when the 15 gallon container gets down a 6 inches or so I'll add whatever is in the 5 gallon pail. All of this takes me about 10 minutes max.

soonermajic

Reaction score
You need to mix the JBS Fonic with 10 gallons of water before you use it in the Hydrominder, the directions are on the label. I've been using Fonic for years and have never had any problems with the nozzles clogging up. This is how I don't and have consistent soap quality. I add 5 gallons of Fonic to a 15 gallon container, add 10 gallons of hot water, mix it up with a piece of gray PVC conduit, when it gets down to about 6 inches or so left in the 15 gallon container I pour the remainder of the 15 gallon container into a 5 gallon pail, add another pail of Fonic to the now empty 15 gallon container and add 10 gallons of hot water, when the 15 gallon container gets down a 6 inches or so I'll add whatever is in the 5 gallon pail. All of this takes me about 10 minutes max.
Per Randy's advice, i started doing the same. Fonic is great stuff, but their smell is suckage.

Randy

Reaction score
Per Randy's advice, i started doing the same. Fonic is great stuff, but their smell is suckage.
Your right on Jack, There could be more smell to the Fonic. I use it for both foam brush and HP soap, on the HP soap I have KR super wash "T"d into the Hydrominder suction line at the inductor, works great.

Eric H

Reaction score
I recommend you try two other products, Kleen-rite Kleen Pak High PH or "Soapy's (not so secret) Secret Sauce. The secret sauce is just a box Simoniz Correct and about 2-3 gallons of Simoniz foam Additive to make it foam more. I've been using the Correct powder for quite a while but I have one wash that I remodeled and i don't have a good spot to have a 55 gallon mixing drum for the correct. Both Correct and HighPH are very economical to run and give a great foam show for the customer while also providing excellent cleaning.

Etowah

Noob

Reaction score
Randy what tip are you using? Are you essentially mixing super wash and fonic at the hydrominder?

Randy

Reaction score
Randy what tip are you using? Are you essentially mixing super wash and fonic at the hydrominder?
I have no idea as to what tip I'm using, I very seldom ever have to mess with them, I'll check in the morning and try to get a picture. Yes I'm mixing both products at the Hydrominder. I'm using a Turtle wax dual "T" that I've had forever.

Roz

Reaction score
We use the Fonic concentrate version, without mixing with water, on a yellow tip in a 30 gal container from KR. We never have issues with the hydrominder tip (yellow). We have a great show since dilution rate is higher than posted on the container, customers notice and appreciate the soap. The more soap on the car the longer it takes them to get it off and they feel good about the outcome (win-win).

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
Your right on Jack, There could be more smell to the Fonic. I use it for both foam brush and HP soap, on the HP soap I have KR super wash "T"d into the Hydrominder suction line at the inductor, works great.
I can't find KR super wash. Little help here? Never mind, found it.

Last edited:

Nuphoenix

Reaction score
I recommend you try two other products, Kleen-rite Kleen Pak High PH or "Soapy's (not so secret) Secret Sauce. The secret sauce is just a box Simoniz Correct and about 2-3 gallons of Simoniz foam Additive to make it foam more. I've been using the Correct powder for quite a while but I have one wash that I remodeled and i don't have a good spot to have a 55 gallon mixing drum for the correct. Both Correct and HighPH are very economical to run and give a great foam show for the customer while also providing excellent cleaning.

Ok let me get this straight. 5 gallons of Fonic, 10 Gal water, Box (what size?)of correct, and 2-3 gal of foam additive, all mixed in a 55 gal drum. Used in the HP SS bay? can it also be used in a touchless IBA?

Eric H

Reaction score
Ok let me get this straight. 5 gallons of Fonic, 10 Gal water, Box (what size?)of correct, and 2-3 gal of foam additive, all mixed in a 55 gal drum. Used in the HP SS bay? can it also be used in a touchless IBA?
Not even close....Sorry for the confusion. Instead of the Fonic you can try the 50# box of Correct (see my link above directly to Kleen-Rite website) mixed with 2-3 gallons of Foam Additive (shown in the last link above) mixed with water in a 55 gallon drum.
If you aren't interested in mixing anything at all you can try the Kleen Pak High PH soap in my first link.

Noob

Reaction score
Roz, I believe mine is the concentrate as well. I tried using the recommended dilution and I thought the show of soap was very poor almost non existent.

I’m also using JBS foamy brush soap and found that even with 0 water hardness i have to run a much stronger dilution than they advertise to get shaving cream like foam.

Randy

Reaction score
On the HP soap side of the "T" I'm using Fonic with an Orange tip and on the other side of "T" I'm using Super Wash with a Purple tip. On the Foam brush I'm using Fonic with an Brown tip and on the other side of "T" I'm using Super Wash with a Purple tip. On my Presoak I use the Super Wash with a Green tip.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not even close....Sorry for the confusion. Instead of the Fonic you can try the 50# box of Correct (see my link above directly to Kleen-Rite website) mixed with 2-3 gallons of Foam Additive (shown in the last link above) mixed with water in a 55 gallon drum.
If you aren't interested in mixing anything at all you can try the Kleen Pak High PH soap in my first link.
I am trying a new recipe now with Simoniz Ultra in place of Foam additive. The 50lb box of Correct powder is in the recipe, too. I like the cleaning power so far.