What's new

Tri Foam For Self Serve Bays

mfbanks223

Reaction score
I Am Thinking About Adding A Tri Gloss System To My 4 Self Serve Bays. I Have Spoke With D & S On There Unit. Any Ideas Out There

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I have tri foam units (D & S) and if I had to do it over I would have added dryers in the bays. I already have credit cards and bill/bonus time acceptors and they work great.
Before adding tri foam I would add either credit cards, bill acceptors in bays with bonus time or dryers in bays.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
At my wash, I was dead set on putting triple foam in this spring. A few weekends ago, I had blasto-dry out to the wash to demo a unit. After seeing the customer reaction, I would definitely go this route.

With you being in Ohio, you would also have to have some type of purge system to keep it from freezing. Just something to think about.

Rockstar

Reaction score
Save your money,they get used,but not all that much.I took down the hoses and turn off the weep this winter.As you know this winter in Ohio has been less than fun! Where in Ohio are you?

mfbanks223

Reaction score
Save your money,they get used,but not all that much.I took down the hoses and turn off the weep this winter.As you know this winter in Ohio has been less than fun! Where in Ohio are you?
I AM ABOUT 20 MILES NORTH OF CINCY

washme1

Reaction score
I have the D & S trifoam in SS. I don't regret putting it in. I also have air dryers. Even with the air purge, the tri foam will freeze in the winter.

TurboJet

Reaction score
I've had the Dultmeier unit for four years now. Very happy. No maintenance issues other than gun or hose replacement. Weep system hooked up to my Weep Mizer, no freeze ups down to +10 degrees F. all open bays.

Gets used a fair amount, but you need to have good signage to promote it or an attendant on site. I have more than recovered my investment.

If I was choosing between inbay credit cards or trifoam, I would go with the CC first. Can't comment on the dryers.

Kirb

Reaction score
I have Tri foam and it gets a fair amount of use. A lot more use in the spring and summer. I also think that dryers would have been a better option because it takes 1 to 2 minutes to apply tri foam and 4 to 5 minutes to dry a car $$.

captain cw

Reaction score
Built my own tri-foam system. Works great. Did not cost me an arm and a leg. Love the air dryers!

MEP001

Reaction score
We have the tri-foam and it gets used more than enough to have made the investment worthwhile, but after reading some of the comments about in-bay dryers I'm thinking that would have been a better investment. I'd like to have both though, and I may add dryers at some point.

MEP001

Reaction score
Why not just ask him to build it for you? Besides, he hasn't been active here in over five years.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My tri foam is a popular function. I've had it since I built new 13 years ago. I have had crypto pay a few years and it's been great for business. I just got air blowers this year. They are great!!! Only one complaint so far; customer said they were no stronger than a blow drier!!! HOWEVER; he was a bald fella, so I guess maybe it's been awhile since he used a blow drier, so he probably just forgot how strong one is !!!!!

Roz

Reaction score
TriFoam gets a lot of use, and kids love to paint their parents' car. Parents love the entertainment factor for their kids as their CC runs....In winter we switch to the winter blend of chemicals and the foam worked fine.