What's new

Trash Cans

water guy

Reaction score
Is Anyone taking out there trash cans because of the Corona Virus?

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Not because of that. But I went trash-free last October and will never go back.

water guy

Reaction score
I'm not far behind you.Thought this would be the opportune time.

OurTown

Reaction score
Is Anyone taking out there trash cans because of the Corona Virus?

No but it is not a bad idea. Just put a sign where they were stating why and conveniently not put them back when the scare is over.

wyatt

Reaction score
No trash cans is the way to go for sure. Makes for a cleaner wash. Customers like a clean wash and if you don’t have attendants it’s hard to stay clean without constant visits to pick up trash and empty cans.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
I was paying $3,000/yr for trash pickup. What did I get for my money?
- the dumpster was a magnet that attracted all sorts of non-customer community dumpers ... after all, "it's only a car wash!"
- the dumpster was incapable of handling the oversize trash, so pallets, carpeting, fence posts, etc. all got stacked to the side instead.
- the dumpster attracted bears and wildlife, who scattered ... everything ... around the property, requiring constant cleaning
- the dumpster attracted "treasure hunters," looking for recyclable cans, etc.
- the "treasure hunters" also started breaking into the vacs to sift through the dirt.

Once I removed the dumpster all of this went away. I'm kicking myself I didn't pull it out ten years ago.

KleanRide

Reaction score
I'm just hoping the "do not touch" hysteria doesn't move toward spray guns, rotary dials and vac nozzles...

Are any of you folks in the outbreak areas? Any drop in traffic?

Randy

Reaction score
I'm just hoping the "do not touch" hysteria doesn't move toward spray guns, rotary dials and vac nozzles...

Are any of you folks in the outbreak areas? Any drop in traffic?
Are you talking about the Corona virus COVID-19? If you are Yes we have seen a drop in people washing there cars in the last week. The Governor of Washington is telling everyone to stay home as much as possible. This week we saw about a 15% drop in the numbers.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We have not seen a problem Covid-19 here in central North Dakota. It would not be so nice to have perfect car washing weather & everyone was staying at home from possibly unnecessary fear. Depending on the prevalence in an area ... of course.

Randy's state appears to be the heaviest hit for the Covid-19 virus.

FWIW ... on Saturday morning ... I noticed that 5 communication major (Univ of Mary) students from far flung out parts of the country after shooting video for their class project at our laundromat facility were happy to shake my hand afterwards without any hesitation! Maybe some of us are just lucky to be able to avoid the quarantines etc???

bigjws

Reaction score
24 Covid-19 cases statewide in TX as of today. SXSW was canceled because Austin Mayor Steve Adler is a spineless jellyfish.
Houston rodeo has no problem continuing... was out there tonight with 60k of my friends.

I love Texas!

soonermajic

Reaction score
Huh? They cancelled SXSW. It's not ok.
I REALLY hope this was sarcasm!🙄
The scum that is Austin, got what it deserved. They booted out the 80 year tradition, of 2 weeks of Girls & Boys State HS Basketball Tournament, for the "freak show " that is SXSW! HEL, the Corona Virus prolly started w/ that filth show.

MEP001

Reaction score
I wear nitrile gloves while counting bills, gives me better grip than using SortKwik too.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Anyone selling toilet paper yet as an add on?
I have heard of increased theft of rolls for those of us who have public rest rooms though ... since the latest actual global pandemic statement.