What's new

Trash bags... where to buy?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Where do you guys find the cheapest 55 gal trash can liners/bags?

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I personally don't use any at my wash but I know others that do. I have the metal trash cans and just empty them into a larger plastic one with a dolly on the bottom to wheel it over by the dumpster.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
https://www.plasticplace.com/

This is where I got garbage bags before I quit using them. Found some needles in in one of my cans and never touched bags again. I use the 1/2 yd Rumpke roller totes at each island and dump them into a dumpster when full. Plus this is SOOO much easier than using bags and don't have to dump near as often.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't routinely use bags, I just keep some on hand in case someone dumps a bunch of trash and I have to bag some until the next dumpster pickup. Sam's Club bags are the best I've used for the price, much better than any brand name. I also use them at home to bag yard trash, and they're plenty tough to resist sticks tearing through them.

2Biz, I hear you, I already have a fear of needles when a doctor is in control of one. A friend of mine was stuck when he was dumping his cans because he put his hand on the rim instead of holding it by the handle.

Randy

Reaction score
Garbage bags are total waste of money, we’ve never used them. Bags take up to much space in the dumpster, I can get more into the dumpster by not using bags. After we dump the garbage we use a shovel to pack down the garbage, you never want to climb into the dumpster and try to stomp down the garbage, a shovel works the best. The very first thing we do is glove up when we get to the car wash. We use 2 - 56 gallon Glutton garbage cans, with the lids locked down that look like these https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-56559-glutton-container-56-gallon-brown-container-only.aspx they have to be emptied every morning. We have a 2 yard dumpster and it’s picked up twice a week. Sometimes I’ll have 2 or 3 extra cans of garbage that I have to dump into the garbage truck. My competition on the other end of town uses a high tech system. He uses a 30 gallon drum with the top cut off and then uses a 55 gallon with the top cut off placed over the 30 gallon drum and has a 8” or 9”hole cut into the bottom into the bottom of the 55 gallon drum. Every night the homeless will take the 55 gallon drum off and dump the 30 gallon drum of garbage on the ground looking for the special treasure. I’ve had to increase the security on my dumpster to the point that it’s more secure than my equipment room. The homeless would come every night pry open the dumpster to get at whatever was in there, mostly personal information that customers throw away, anything they could use for identify theft.

Alpine Dreams

Reaction score
The homeless would come every night pry open the dumpster to get at whatever was in there, mostly personal information that customers throw away, anything they could use for identify theft.
I found a completed credit card application, around 20 pages, in our trash complete with SSN, DOB, name, address and work history going back 10 years. I couldn't believe someone was so stupid to throw that in our open-top trash cans. No wonder identity theft exists, it's too easy.

Etowah

OurTown

Reaction score
If I remember right sooner's Town has free trash service if he takes it to the collection place. He just needs to bag it.

Randy

Reaction score
I found a completed credit card application, around 20 pages, in our trash complete with SSN, DOB, name, address and work history going back 10 years. I couldn't believe someone was so stupid to throw that in our open-top trash cans. No wonder identity theft exists, it's too easy.
I have a large military base near by and I get all kinds of stuff. Military transfer orders, pay records, medical records, field gear, you name I've gotten it. Some of the military people seem to think they can do whatever they want. If they dump there garbage at the car wash I call there commander, they don't like it when a civilian calls to tell how how screwed up there personel are.

Alpine Dreams

Reaction score
I have a large military base near by and I get all kinds of stuff. Military transfer orders, pay records, medical records, field gear, you name I've gotten it. Some of the military people seem to think they can do whatever they want. If they dump there garbage at the car wash I call there commander, they don't like it when a civilian calls to tell how how screwed up there personel are.
Yep, I've seen it. They think they can leave their trash wherever. I cleaned up after military personnel for over a decade when I was in myself. When we would leave an area, there would always be a team of lower enlisted that would stay behind and pick up trash. It's further exacerbated by the fact that they are only in an area for a temporary amount of time. When they are leaving that area, they leave it trashed because they think they won't have to see it, or the people/owners, ever again. I bet you do get it all.

I'm glad you call their commander. That's a great recourse for this issue. Sometimes I wish I could call a commander for some of my customers.

That field gear you get left sells to the local second hand gear shops. When soldiers in our platoon would go AWOL for a certain amount of time, our first sergeant would give the order to clear their room. We were told, "Clear the room and I don't care what you do with his property." So, we would sell all the field gear to the shops, throw away some and keep the rest. With the sale of the gear, we would take a platoon day and go fishing for a team building exercise.

soonermajic

Reaction score
yes, my dumpster is free. I jsut have to bag it, hence my question. I need to find cheaper trash bags. I use Sam's club 80 bags, 55 gal each bag $22. That is pretty cheap. We go through a box every month!