What's new

Towel Program

Ulookn2

Reaction score
I'm considering starting a towel program for customers. I will charge a one time fee for the towel and when they pull up to get prepped, the attendant will grab their used one from their last visit and give them a new one. What type of product do you add to the towel before giving it to them? Is this a program your customers appreciate?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I can't imagine a customer getting their car washed, get out and towel dry it themselves, and ride the wet, dirty towel around in their freshly washed car until the next visit.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
It’s not that expensive to try.
Go to a printer and have them make 4-6 signs.
State TOWEL SERVICE EXCHANGE FOR ONLY $1 per towel. Dirty Towels will be exchanged FREE on next visit or something like that.
Post the signs at entrance of lot, pay station, tunnel entrance, vac entrance if have that and the exit.
Go to Sams buy a dozen microfiber towel packages.
Have your prep person collect the money, hand out the the towels and collect the dirty towels.
I would start the day with an exact amount of so you know how many were sold.

soapy

Reaction score
I would hand a towel out to every car that comes in and have them give it back as they leave.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I would hand a towel out to every car that comes in and have them give it back as they leave.
Not going to happen
We use to have 1 cart with clean towels and 1 cart for dirty towels. We also had an employee to help older customers that needed help, wash & dry towels, refill clean towel cart.
On a good day 50-70% returned them but those that didn’t usually grabbed more to take home after they dried off the car.
Cost per year for towels $1000 - 2000.
Having them pay $1 per towel in the beginning and bringing them back for clean ones is more secure.
One issue doing it this way is that it may slightly slow down volume on busy days.

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
We put a cart out with old towels in it for customers to use for FREE, they seem to like it. We don't lose to many.