What's new

Touch4wash

mac

Reaction score
Just a little update, and no, I don't have any connection with them other than being a customer, Have most everything installed and wired and we are in the process of establishing guidelines for the different options. There is a lot that this app does that we didn't know. I'm pretty pumped about it. Right now I can turn on any bay, vac, or the IBA from my phone. That itself is pretty cool as you sometimes get those angry calls when something goes wrong. Now I just ask them to move to another area and turn it on. The income has literally doubled on the bays since I changed to count up mode, Average revenue per credit card user is around $7. The marketing that touch has should be a nice boost, certainly a LOT cheaper than the social media people. Now that the summer rains are letting up, the snowbirds coming back, and the virus thingy letting up, mama is a happy person.

kdersch

Reaction score
Just a little update, and no, I don't have any connection with them other than being a customer, Have most everything installed and wired and we are in the process of establishing guidelines for the different options. There is a lot that this app does that we didn't know. I'm pretty pumped about it. Right now I can turn on any bay, vac, or the IBA from my phone. That itself is pretty cool as you sometimes get those angry calls when something goes wrong. Now I just ask them to move to another area and turn it on. The income has literally doubled on the bays since I changed to count up mode, Average revenue per credit card user is around $7. The marketing that touch has should be a nice boost, certainly a LOT cheaper than the social media people. Now that the summer rains are letting up, the snowbirds coming back, and the virus thingy letting up, mama is a happy person.
Did you consider Coinless at all? If you did, why did you chose Touch4Wash?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does the touch for wash system use a QR code like the coin less up?

JLanman

Reaction score
Hello Waxman,

Touch4Wash does not use QR codes for our services to work. Simply tap buttons and off you go. If you would like I can create a demo account for you to give it a try. If you are interested, simply DM me your cell and I will get it setup.

Hope this helps.

Jim

MEP001

Reaction score
The QR code is a bonus to make things idiot proof
That's the system I would choose. An example of why, my business partner just picked up a wash with an IBA. Every time I've been there, someone has tried to get change from the auto cashier. It says all over it "Not a changer," "Changer in front of building," "Exact money only, no change returned," and they still put bills in it to get quarters. Same with the Cryptopay, clear signage everywhere, and people swipe their card and immediately start jabbing at the button on the swiper.

JLanman

Reaction score
Just some more food for thought. The QR code approach seems valid, but of the thousands of transactions we process on a daily basis, we really have not seen selecting the incorrect bay as an issue.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok. Will you please explain how a fleet account would work? For example, I have a transportation company with 5 vehicles. How does the business owner purchase car washes for my wash on your APP and then provide their employees access to washes?

How does Gramma Joe buy little Skippy and Scooter a few washes for their birthdays and then give the gift to them?

Thanks and sorry if these are dumb questions!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's the system I would choose. An example of why, my business partner just picked up a wash with an IBA. Every time I've been there, someone has tried to get change from the auto cashier. It says all over it "Not a changer," "Changer in front of building," "Exact money only, no change returned," and they still put bills in it to get quarters. Same with the Cryptopay, clear signage everywhere, and people swipe their card and immediately start jabbing at the button on the swiper.
Ok I get your point, but if the customer already has the app and they open the app on their smartphone and click the button to redeem one wash, that seems pretty darn idiot proof to me. AND PLUS THEY DON'T HAVE TO CRACK A WINDOW ON THEIR LITTLE COCOON!!!!!!!!!!!

JLanman

Reaction score
Ok. Will you please explain how a fleet account would work? For example, I have a transportation company with 5 vehicles. How does the business owner purchase car washes for my wash on your APP and then provide their employees access to washes?

How does Gramma Joe buy little Skippy and Scooter a few washes for their birthdays and then give the gift to them?

Thanks and sorry if these are dumb questions!
Okay, this might get a bit lengthy....
Our fleet tools are pretty cool. Once the fleet owner has an account (downloads the app and creates and account like everyone else). You would go to the web portal and assign that account as a fleet owner. Now the owner can manage the fleet themselves or you can assist via the portal. Once you assign an account as a fleet owner, they will have new tools when they open the app to add/subtract folks from their fleet account - directly from the app. Or you can assist them with the tools in the web portal.
Once they are in a fleet, the system automatically tracks their (and their fleet member's) usage. On the first of the month the system automatically collects payment (via credit card on fleet owner's account), generates a statement that details out all the wash activity by user and location and automatically emails it to the fleet owner.
You can also set up the fleet to be a manual bill. If it is a manual bill, the automated statement and email activity still happens, but collection of payment is up to you. This is useful for folks that don't want to charge the fleet activity to a credit card. Several of our customers use this options with municipalities (police stations, etc...).

As for gifting, your customers can purchase certificates directly form the app. You will have Prepaid credit options set up for your site(s). You can have as many of these as you like. for example you might offer $100 of credit for $90 or $75 worth of credit for $60, etc... Your customers will be able to purchase these for themselves or as certificates for gifts. The certificates are delivered via email to the customer making the purchase. Once delivered, they can print them out and stuff them in a "Happy Birthday little Skippy" card and now you have a new customer. All of this can happen without any involvement from you.

Hope all this makes sense. Tried to keep it short for the forum.

Jim

JLanman

Reaction score
Also, with the fleets. Once an account is tied to a fleet, the default is for all their transactions to be charged to the fleet. However, we have also built in a mechanism for the customer to use their account for non-fleet activity. Say they use the system to wash their squad car, but also want to use the system to wash their wife's pink Cadillac. Super simple process. When they go to your wash, they simple uncheck the fleet check box (image below) and now the wash is charged to their personal account vs. the fleet account.

Jim
fleet button.JPG

JLanman

Reaction score
And here is what a certificate would look like. This is from our test site, replace the Touch4Wash logo with yours and your address and you get the idea. The code is a one use code so it can only be redeemed one time (no fraud).
Notice how it gives instructions on how to use the certificate. Then can redeem the code via the app or they can simply text the code to the number provided and the credit is automatically added to their account.
The QR Code you see on the certificate can be scanned to take you to the app store to download the app if you have not done so already.

Jim

certificate.JPG

MEP001

Reaction score
Just some more food for thought. The QR code approach seems valid, but of the thousands of transactions we process on a daily basis, we really have not seen selecting the incorrect bay as an issue.
I never suggested that your app doesn't work, I just feel like it would be both easier and more idiot proof if they could scan a QR code in the bay. Want more examples of how stupid some people are? Years ago we were renovating a wash with a closed automatic bay (Had doors pulled down, giant "CLOSED" sign on the door), auto cashier had no buttons, labels, or bill acceptor, in a separate building from the self serve, and when we opened the cashier there was some $200 laying in the bottom. One operator I know said about once a week someone would pull into a bay and walk around to the next bay and put cash in the bill acceptor to get quarters. The fact that someone was washing in that bay already didn't clue them in.

I can do this all day.

JLanman

Reaction score
I never suggested that your app doesn't work, I just feel like it would be both easier and more idiot proof if they could scan a QR code in the bay. Want more examples of how stupid some people are? Years ago we were renovating a wash with a closed automatic bay (Had doors pulled down, giant "CLOSED" sign on the door), auto cashier had no buttons, labels, or bill acceptor, in a separate building from the self serve, and when we opened the cashier there was some $200 laying in the bottom. One operator I know said about once a week someone would pull into a bay and walk around to the next bay and put cash in the bill acceptor to get quarters. The fact that someone was washing in that bay already didn't clue them in.

I can do this all day.
That is hilarious. I completely understand where you are coming from.

slash007

Reaction score
I personally only select the option I want in the app and don't scan the QR code, but I have had several instances where customers did the same, but instead of selecting my touch free wash, they would activate the soft touch wash. Had they scanned the QR code, they wouldn't have had that issue. Of course they didn't use the QR code even though it was available, so getting people to use it is a different story.

JLanman

Reaction score
I hear you. We started this journey as Text4Wash. Simply send a text and it starts the wash. This was before the app. We would see times back then where they would spell incorrectly and the wash would not start - not too often but would have a few. So then we added call4wash. Simply call a number and use the prompted menu to make your selection. That works pretty good.
The system still has both these capabilities, which we still see people utilizing. The call4wash is nice especially with the blue tooth car connections. People will dial up the number as they are enter the property and be making their selections as they enter the lane. Funny how things morph over time....

mngoalie

Reaction score
I keep bouncing between this and coinless. Yours has more functionality for gift cards and fleets from what I've seen. But the app needs a better ui. It just looks not as professional.

Etowah