What's new

Touch Select 2000 bay door by Dilling-Harris and bonus time

Spwaycarwash

Reaction score
I have a self serve wash where three of the bay doors have been updated but the fourth one hasn’t. I want to change the pricing to where it’s $2.00 for 3:04 then 45 seconds a quarter after that. I was able to do this with the three newer doors but this older touchpad door, a touch select 2000 by D&H, doesn’t seem to have a bonus time option. I have gone through the manual and don’t see the option but it is there for the Touch Selext II which is almost identical. As it stands now all I can do is make $2.00 to start for 3:00 then it’s only 22 seconds a quarter after that bc I can’t change it for bonus time

anyways I think I’m out of luck but just wanted to see if anyone knew of a way to do this on these doors. My understanding is D&H is out of business but I read somewhere that Ginsan may have bought them? Wondering if calling them might be helpful

TIA

Randy

Reaction score
I think you might be SOL on that one. Why not upgrade the last face plate and make them all the same. I think your giving away the farm by adding 45 seconds for every quarter after $2.00, just my 2 cents worth.

Spwaycarwash

Reaction score
I think you might be SOL on that one. Why not upgrade the last face plate and make them all the same. I think your giving away the farm by adding 45 seconds for every quarter after $2.00, just my 2 cents worth.
if I can’t figure out a way to do it I’m sure I’ll end up upgrading though that’s not cheap, about $1,500 I think

appreciate the thought on the 45 seconds, I might back it down but I live in a rural, low income area so trying to be easy with increases

MEP001

Reaction score
You can replace the D/H timer with a Dixmor for less than $300 and it'll do what you want.

Randy

Reaction score
What makes your Tech more money a $1500 door or a $300 Dixmor LED-7 timer? That’s the reason we never call a so called technician, we do it all ourselves.

Spwaycarwash

Reaction score
What makes your Tech more money a $1500 door or a $300 Dixmor LED-7 timer? That’s the reason we never call a so called technician, we do it all ourselves.
I do most myself but when I hit a roadblock I call someone and try to find a solution. I certainly haven’t called anyone out on site yet or anything

I’ve also only been doing this for about 6 years and while I’ve leaned a ton there’s still more to go

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been doing this for 38 years, I've converted all kinds of systems to Dixmor timers. It can be done with any equipment. Sometimes it requires removing certain components or converting from pushbutton to rotary switch, but it's always doable. The Touch Select 2000 can be operated from any timer and will definitely work with a Dixmor.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I have a self serve wash where three of the bay doors have been updated but the fourth one hasn’t. I want to change the pricing to where it’s $2.00 for 3:04 then 45 seconds a quarter after that. I was able to do this with the three newer doors but this older touchpad door, a touch select 2000 by D&H, doesn’t seem to have a bonus time option. I have gone through the manual and don’t see the option but it is there for the Touch Selext II which is almost identical. As it stands now all I can do is make $2.00 to start for 3:00 then it’s only 22 seconds a quarter after that bc I can’t change it for bonus time

anyways I think I’m out of luck but just wanted to see if anyone knew of a way to do this on these doors. My understanding is D&H is out of business but I read somewhere that Ginsan may have bought them? Wondering if calling them might be helpful

TIA
A) We did not buy D&H. There was nothing there to buy. I think Keith Dilling is still kick around in Florida

B) I know people that have installed LED7 timers in those doors. Where you're going to get in a pinch is when the switching components start failing. Those don't exist and no one makes them.

Spwaycarwash

Reaction score
A) We did not buy D&H. There was nothing there to buy. I think Keith Dilling is still kick around in Florida

B) I know people that have installed LED7 timers in those doors. Where you're going to get in a pinch is when the switching components start failing. Those don't exist and no one makes them.
Tbh I’m surprised they haven’t started failing already, I appreciate the info