What's new

Today's Break down

soapy

Reaction score
I have a suggestion for Pat and Jackson. I think it would be nice to have a area where operators can post equipment break downs and what they did to fix the problem. Most all of our equipment is basically the same with different brand names on them. If you have a problem come up and fix it it might be nice for everyone to read about it for future reference. If people would state the problem, the brand of equipment, and what it took to fix and prevent the problem in the future. We fix stuff everyday and all come up with different solutions that we all could learn from. A specific break down section might be nice.

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good idea - what would you call it?

carwashireland

Reaction score
Probably needs splitting up between ss, conveyor and iba though. Or you would be searching forever if you were trying to use it as a reference to fix something

MEP001

Reaction score
If the poster puts the type of machine in the post, one would only have to search the "Today's Break Down" thread for that equipment.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think much discussion on this forum has to do with breakdowns of equipment. I have found it pretty effective to search for different topics with the search function.

Maybe it's a good idea to have a breakdown section, but you would have to separate the categories. Lets face it; everything will fail eventually: IBA, self serve, conveyor, vacuums, sewer pumps, well pumps, lighting, cashiers, the human body....

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Soapy, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand you to mean how we fixed something, maybe in a bit out of the ordinary way. Let's face it, we all know about burst hoses and leaking float valves, but how we get around those ordinary situations in unique and creative ways may be quite useful.

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, it's up - hope it's useful. Thanks, Soapy.