What's new

Tire cleaner through triple foam gun?

Noob

Reaction score
Anyone ever done it? Are there any cons to doing it? Could I run all my low pressure functions through the TF gun?

washnshine

Reaction score
I think this is a recent thread somewhere else on the forum. One problem with all low functions on the foam gun is the changeover time it will take. There are some plumbing suggestions if you can find the thread that will help to address this problem.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
I've installed several multi-product foam gun systems. The latest job features PS, Tire, and Bug/MagChloride cleaner.
Each product line is plumbed to a manifold directly above the bays...along with an air line. Product changeover time is negligible because the liquid lines are always full.
For cold climates, I add an "anti-freeze" line to the the manifolds...and the trough is insulated and heated.
The systems work great. Owners report significant increases in usage and positive comments from their customers.
A big advantage of these systems is the elimination of all those high pressure check valves in the plumbing trough!

IMG_1054_LI2.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

Noob

Reaction score
80, I think I'm gonna go with the same setup as above. It looks like everything is foaming great. Do you add any foam additive to your chemicals or is running them through a foamer enough? What tip size are you running in the gun? Also, If I remember correctly didn't you do your own programming for the antifreeze blowdown?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Noob,

Most operators are using CSI Lustra products with no additional foam additives. A couple are using other brands...I'm unaware of their blending requirements.

I install my foam generators on the bay hose mounting bracket:
https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-44523-stainless-steel-triple-foam-wall-mount-holder.aspx
They can be exposed to the weather since they are protected from freezing with my control system.

The tips vary...most use 4040...Pump pressure @ 42 - 45PSI...Air @ 30PSI

I build my own PLR controller to run the system(s) and freeze protection.

Attachments

Reactions: APW

Noob

Reaction score
80, It looks from your pictures that your water supply and air supply to the LP panels are 3/8 polytube? Just curious if you get enough flow for things to work smoothy?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Noob,
3/8” water and air supply.
We’ve many installs with similar configuration. Only one had issues related to low water pressure and volume.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
The Trifoam system the PO had purchased (Dultimier) came with 1/4"....Performance was terrible until I replaced it all with 3/8". Doing the research, 3/8" has 8x less head pressure than 1/4"....No Brainer!

Noob

Reaction score
For you guys that run several products through the foam gun, do you run check valves on your air lines? I noticed when I was installing a new air logic panel that the instructions say to put check valves on the air lines?

Car-Shine

Reaction score
I put these on our TF system. Made a world of difference in making good foam.

I’m looking to move all LP functions to TF gun this summer.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Operating with a 10psi liquid/air differential, I've never found it necessary to install check valves on the air lines.

Noob

Reaction score
What kind of PSI are you guys running through the foam gun?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Start with 40psi pump & 30psi air.
Add 1-2psi air for dryer foam...subtract for wetter foam.

Noob

Reaction score
I need to adjust down. I’m currently in the 50 and 60 range for tire cleaner and presoak. Here’s what my product currently looks like.

Attachments

Noob

Reaction score
For you guys that run chemicals through the foam gun, did you notice if your chemical usage increased? Im not talking about customer usage increase but increase in volume from going to a 4040 tip vs a 2505 tip.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Yes, but that's the whole point. Wasn't getting enough volumn using a 2506 with available pressure.