What's new

Tire Cleaner starts working as long as timer is on

Reaction score
This is a very strange problem. As soon as you swipe ur CC or put coin and the timer starts, the tire cleaner also starts working even though you use lets says Rinse, or even if its on Pause. The solenoid makes a strange noise (see video). I changed the solenoid and also cleaned the selector key pad (thinking the button is stuck).

I have closed the bay. But going to disconnect the wires for this option and so at least can use the bay for other options.

Attachments

wyatt

Reaction score
Have the exact same problem with a bay. But with spot free rinse always being on. Weird thing is it only happens some of the time. One day it will work no problem and the next I only get spot free. I know this doesn’t solve your problem but I’m hoping for input as well so I don’t have to call for an expensive repair.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's probably an issue with the PLC. I've never actually witnessed such an issue, but I know I've seen the end result: the PLC bypassed with multiplexers for each function. I've been dealing with a Super Saver lately where the tire cleaner and foam brush pumps are controlled by a multiplexer with the wires run directly from the bay strips to the multiplexers, and there's a spare unit sitting in the cabinet waiting for the next function to fail.

Reaction score
So you think the problem is the multiplexer? It seems like the plunger inside the solenoid open/close pretty fast so then for sure the voltage coming from this multiplexer to the solenoid is acting strange. Here is a pic of PLC and multiplexer.

Also this morning checked it and its all good. So it must be one of those intermittent electrical problems.

Attachments

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
Take your voltmeter and check the voltage on the solenoid when it's chattering. You've got a short somewhere. Or you can move the wire on the multiplexer input thats making the soleniod valve chatter to input 5 or 6 on the multiplexer. from the On another note. The credit card reader should be mounted vertical not horizontal