What's new

Timer display

Haines

Reaction score
What does everyone display on their bay timers as quarters are deposited? Mine shows the seconds per quarter until the start price is reached and then it begins the countdown. However, I bet over half of my complaints at the wash are people who say they put $3 in and it isn't working; sometimes, though not always, they are at $1.75 (3:02 on the display). People think that the display is the dollar amount. I know some people are just complaining to get free time, but some seem to genuinely not get it. My timers give the option of displaying time per quarter, quarters in, quarters left to start, and amount of money in. My timer boxes have stickers that clearly show 9 quarters to start and $2.25. I am thinking about going to number of quarters left to start or number of quarters in. What does everyone else do? If I display that, is there some new complaint I will get that I haven't thought of?

On a side note, I am amazed at the amount of people that don't get that there is a minimum start price. They think they can buy $.50 worth of time. It really boggles my mind. Are there washes out there that don't have a minimum that these people go to?

Thanks for the opinions!

Randy

Reaction score
When I was using the Dixmor LED-3 timers I'd get calls or complaints from customers who thought that seconds displayed on the timer was the amount of money they had put into the coin box. When I went to the Dixmor LED-7 timer it says now add X amount more to start, when you hit the magic start price the time is displayed, the customer complaints have dropped to zero.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'd set it for number of coins left to start. That should stop the ignorant complaints.

You might have a competitor who is at a quarter to start. There are still some around here, mainly in Killeen and San Antonio.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We recently put these signs up on our vacuums because $2 to start or 8 quarters was too hard to read and understand.

Haines

Reaction score
Love the sign! My fear is that the humor would be lost on most patrons...