What's new

Those darn Broncos

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
During the NFL regular season, my car wash might as well be closed at noon on game days (make that 10:00am when the team plays the early games).

It’s similar to rush hour when thousands of bumper-to-bumper cars pass by and nobody’s turning in. It’s as if they don’t want to lose their place in traffic.

Well, don’t you know, we had a foot of snow hit the metro area last week, followed by the typical day or two of melt-off. Sloppy conditions equal no revenues. But, the mains and highways soon dry, the orange and blue sunrises and clear skies bring on the above freezing temperatures and it’s balls out for the next week or so.

Unless the Broncos are in the playoffs. Game days, with beautiful sunny skies and BAM. No business after noon.

Well, thankfully, the Super Bowl starts at 4:30 local time. And the recent snow has every vehicle covered in grey. The skies are clear, the temperature hits 50…perfect wash weather. But, old habits are hard to break…the car wash dies at noon…again! I watch as dirty cars, filled with orange-clad passengers, zoom past the car wash. Oh well, I cash out and head home to plop myself down in front of the TV.

My neighborhood, where most cars are in the garage or on the driveway, is filled with “watch party goers” cars, parked in every spot along the curbs…and not a single one is clean and shiney!

Fast forward to Monday…another beautiful wash weather day. Traffic in front of the car wash is down 50% as folks have apparently taken the day off, or called in sick from excessive celebration. One can imagine the impact on car wash revenues.

And now, today. The big parade. News media suggest that 1,000,000 will line the downtown streets and fill Civic Center Park to welcome the Champs back to town. Officials recommend public transit for all the celebrants…they’re adding trains and busses into downtown to handle the crowds. The bars and restaurants have stocked-up and called in all the troops. Undoubtedly, a “demand price” will be added to every can of beer, bottle of water, and pre-made smooshed sandwich or hotdog. (Why don't we do that in the car wash business?)

I’m expecting another lousy day at the car wash…so, screw it. I’m gonna make it one million and one! :cool:

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Just a tiny bit off topic!

I heard if Sanders becomes President, He will take one of Broncos Super Bowl Trophy's and give it to the Panthers!

mac

Reaction score
2biz, unfortunately that's not a joke.