What's new

This is why I carry

mac

Reaction score
Well here we go again. Today is Nov 1, 2017 and another devout muslim has killed a bunch of innocent people in New York. Notice I did not call him a radicalized muslim. He is a devout one. It plainly states in his holy book to either kill, enslave or steal from non muslims. We can not have anything Christian in our schools or government buildings. But freaking muslims can have a prayer room. The more I read about Israel, the more I love them. When these creeps attack Israelis, they not only kill the perp, but they find out his relative's house, and bulldoze it. The time to understand them and get along is simply over. You make up your own mind and do what you think is necessary. I carry.

slash007

Reaction score
So how do you garner that he was a "devout" Muslim? Islam does not condone what he did, nor any of the other violent attacks that were supposedly carried out in the name of Islam. If he really was a devout Muslim, he wouldn't have carried out that senseless attack. Just because there are crazy people that are Muslims and think they are doing right, it doesn't mean that all Muslims think the same way, nor the majority. Guess we all need to carry since you can be at a concert and a devout Christian might decide to rain bullets on the crowd.

MEP001

Reaction score
It may be a Texas law, but you can't open or concealed carry in Wal-Mart because they sell alcohol.

slash007

Reaction score
I know, I was just making a point about having to worry even when you are at Wal-mart, and even from a middle aged white man. There are many reasons to worry, not just because of the few fanatics that carry out attacks in the name of Islam. There are actually many more incidents that don't involve Islam, but those attacks are not viewed the same. Just look at all the school and campus shootings etc.

slash007

Reaction score
Carry in church too? Wonder what it says in his holy book. I'm sure no one will post "this is why I carry" when a another white male goes off and kills tons of innocent people for no reason. I don't see all Christians being labeled as fanatics and a reason we all have to carry. As I stated before, there is a much larger threat then the few random fanatics that claim to be Muslims when they carry out attacks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/w...church-shooting-suspect/ar-AAutX4l?li=BBnbkly

"The suspect who opened fire inside a South Texas church has been identified as 26-year-old Devin Patrick Kelley, law enforcement sources tell CBS News.

Authorities on Sunday only identified the suspect as a young white male."

JustaGuy

Reaction score
It may be a Texas law, but you can't open or concealed carry in Wal-Mart because they sell alcohol.
Sure you can - in Texas, and in most other states. In Texas, if you open carry in Walmart they may ask to see your license, but otherwise, no worries.

JustaGuy

Reaction score
Carry in church too? Wonder what it says in his holy book.
Here's one example of what the Bible says about being armed:

Luke 22:36
“Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.”

There are others, but that should do.

JustaGuy

Reaction score

slash007

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with carrying, this world is full of crazies. The point I keep trying to make is that it is not confined to the crazy few that claim to be Muslim. There are many disturbed people out there that carry out all kinds of different attacks, yet the only ones that draw a response are the ones that claim to be Muslim, even though those attacks are just a small portion of all the senseless attacks that occur here in the U.S.

mac

Reaction score
Well slash, thank you for the thoughtful replies. I did a simple search of verses from the stupid holy book of Islam, the quran. Well up pops many verses that command devout muslims to either kill, enslave, or take the money from non believers. And yes there is no shortage of idiots and crazy people who want to harm innocent people. That's why I carry everywhere. Even the few times I go to church. Muslims though have taken this to the extreme. Consider this:
We can't seem to identify the problem​

The Shoe Bomber was a Muslim
The Beltway Snipers were Muslims
The Fort Hood Shooter was a Muslim
The Underwear Bomber was a Muslim
The U.S.S. Cole Bombers were Muslims
The Madrid Train Bombers were Muslims
The Bali Nightclub Bombers were Muslims
The London Subway Bombers were Muslims
The Moscow Theatre Attackers were Muslims
The Boston Marathon Bombers were Muslims
The Pan-Am flight #93 Bombers were Muslims
The Air France Entebbe Hijackers were Muslims
The Iranian Embassy Takeover, was by Muslims
The Beirut U.S. Embassy bombers were Muslims
The Libyan U.S. Embassy Attack was by Muslims
The Buenos Aires Suicide Bombers were Muslims
The Israeli Olympic Team Attackers were Muslims
The Kenyan U.S, Embassy Bombers were Muslims
The Saudi, Khobar Towers Bombers were Muslims
The Beirut Marine Barracks bombers were Muslims
The Besian Russian School Attackers were Muslims
The first World Trade Center Bombers were Muslims
The Bombay & Mumbai India Attackers were Muslims
The Achille Lauro Cruise Ship Hijackers were Muslims
The September 11th 2001 Airline Hijackers were Muslims

One of the things that really pi$$es me off is that these muslims go to local mosques. The other ones who go there never seem to protest this. I hear that "only" about 10% of muslims are radical. Well with a world wide population of around 1.8 billion, that means there are 180 million radical ones out there. Let me just ask you, what do you think the Jews, Christians, Methodists, or Baptists would do if only 10% of their congregations went about killing innocent people? My guess is that the rest would out them. Have a nice day.

slash007

Reaction score
I'm sure that I can do a simple search and provide you with at least 6 pages worth of attacks done by non-Muslims, but there is no point as you're mind is already made up. Maybe you should read the Holy Quran and try to understand it for yourself instead of doing a google search and taking it out of context. Also, there is no way that even close to 10% are radicals. Maybe .01%. Regardless, I respect all Holy books and all religions, and that fact that you call the Quran stupid just tells me how ignorant and stupid you are. I refuse to debate with someone like that, good luck.

mac

Reaction score
Well mr slash, at least we can agree on something. That is it is a waste of time for you to discuss this with me. That's a start. And just out of curiosity, "slash" seems like an odd moniker for someone who professes to be peaceful. And much thanks for the wishes of good luck. I can always use a little of that.

slash007

Reaction score
Slash is just a play on my first and last name, doesn't have any meaning at all... It also has more than one meaning. Such as

"an oblique stroke (/) in print or writing, used between alternatives (e.g., and/or ), in fractions (e.g., 3/4 ), in ratios (e.g., miles/day ), or between separate elements of a text."

mac

Reaction score
Well yes and no. In Florida anyone not a felon can carry a loaded gun in a car. It must be in a secure space, not in the open. To carry on your person for that you need a concealed carry permit. The weapon needs no license.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Mac & others,

Not sure if use of a gun is always the best way to prevent problems but I will say that a few years ago when the poorly run emergency men's shelter "stack of no trespasses for their convenience" & "not letting them in even in bad weather until 9 PM at night" ... was still in operation about a city block & a half away from our facility ... we had 3 very Black Muslims improperly taking advantage of our local homeless coalition laundry vouchers & they coordinated via cell phone or whatever about 16 of their cohorts to basically take over the our whole facility ... later saying that they were all their cousins. Luckily on my phone I saw them quick enough on my surveillance phone camera app. I called law enforcement help ... while they were there with myself assisting ... the boldest of the Muslims was taunting both myself & an officer who was trying to reason with one of the three who had no ID on him. The taunting occurred from the boldest in the most evil tone of voice possible: "Us Muslims don't cause any problems for anyone"

I tried to point to some fellow human beings similar to those described above ... my "Ben Carson for Prez Bumper Stickers" when they would try to imply that I was "racist" ... not sure how much good it did though.

The emergency shelter finally relocated in a different part of town about Oct 27th, 2017. We have a very close-by "free will soup kitchen" & a Nun who courageously has counseling for ex prison people both within 3 blocks. Both of those very close-by operations ... we have proven to be supported of. It is mostly in the quality of the people running the operations. It is sometimes very difficult to get rid of the lesser quality administrators of whatever.

Alpine Dreams

Reaction score
I carry a gun because my city has high crime and I've been threatened with death and rape when working at night. That being said, Muslims are no more likely to kill people than non-muslims. Here's FBI director Wray talking about the biggest threat in America today:

They are right-wing. Guess who else is right wing.... Muslim extremists... So, if you look at most of the terrorism, it's not being a muslim that groups them, it's right wing extremism.

You said: "One of the things that really pi$$es me off is that these muslims go to local mosques. The other ones who go there never seem to protest this. I hear that "only" about 10% of muslims are radical. Well with a world wide population of around 1.8 billion, that means there are 180 million radical ones out there. Let me just ask you, what do you think the Jews, Christians, Methodists, or Baptists would do if only 10% of their congregations went about killing innocent people? My guess is that the rest would out them. Have a nice day."

What do you think about the fact that Catholic priests molest children? Don't you think most of the congregation or other priests should out them? Most white supremacists are christians. Don't you think their congregation should out them?

From the link: "Despite its small size, Christian Identity influences virtually all white supremacist and extreme anti-government movements. It has also informed criminal behavior ranging from hate crimes to acts of terrorism."

But, yeah, Muslims are the real danger. Have a nice day.

mac

Reaction score
Well alpine dreams, you are certainly allowed to dream whatever you desire. And may Allah bless you for that. (Is that even allowed to be said?) I uphold your right to think as you do. I simply do not agree with you. Be it honor killings where a father kills his young daughter because someone raped her, or cutting off a young woman's clitoris because she might enjoy sex too much, or the fact that your exhaulted founder, Mohammed, had four wives and his last one was a mere 9 years old when he married her, it's all fine. So go about your day and be very, very careful around those Christian extremists. After all, they simply want to baptize you, not slit your throat or cut off your head.

mac

Reaction score
By the way, I might humbly suggest that if you really are in this business, you might want to tone down your feelings about Christians. The majority of your customers either are one or agree with them.